Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to this forum.
We are currently waiting for the updates on Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program to be launched in 2013.
As of now, we have the following understanding about this (mostly from rumours, forums and immigration consultants).
1. FSW 2013 currently does not talk about any priority occupation list, and all occupations listed under NOC 0, A and B could probably apply.
2. Anyone applying under FSW need to have their credentials assessed by a Canadian authority(the details are still awaited) and need to get a positive assessment of their educational qualifications and professional experience for the respective category.
3. Good English language skills (high IELTS scores) would fetch higher points on the points grid.

Nevertheless, we are unclear on the following information. If anyone has any info regarding this, please post so that it could help all of us who are currently waiting for Canada information.
1. For occupations under categories NOC 0, A or B, is there any discussion on the cap for the number of applications or number of PR visas which could be issued? This could especially be interesting to know for IT professionals as I have read in the forum that there is already an oversupply of IT professionals in Canada.
2. For the credential assessment, is anyone aware of how much this could potentially cost us? Also does anyone have any idea on how long this process could take? As a huge number of applicants have been waiting to file their applications for Canada, the number of assessments that need to be done by these authorities could be huge. Does CIC mention anything regarding the maximum possible time taken to do this assessment?
3. Also, most of the forums/news say that the new system will ensure that the applications in 2013 would be processed in a few months. What can one expect by few months? Can we assume like 3-4 months or >6 months?
Since in the case of Canada, if the assessment would be the major step and if for applications to be accepted on 4th May, 2013 need this assessment, then what is the big step after that?
4. Or does it mean that on 4th May 2013, CIC will start accepting applications for the assessment?

It is kind of important to know as much information as possible! Because as everyone knows, clock is ticking when it comes to immigration and where to go and whether to wait are important questions to answer!

Hope someone knows the answers!

Thanks,
Want2Move in 2013 :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
This visa comes without a job offer in hand??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,
SNIP
1. For occupations under categories NOC 0, A or B, is there any discussion on the cap for the number of applications or number of PR visas which could be issued? This could especially be interesting to know for IT professionals as I have read in the forum that there is already an oversupply of IT professionals in Canada.

Depends on your experience level, 0 to 5 years experience up to the level of junior sys admin or junior coder the market is flooded. And they don't pay well relative to UK or Ireland.

Similar jobs in Canada and Dublin are paying the same dollar to Euro so a 70K Eur0 job in Dublin gets you 70K CAD in Canada (maybe a touch more) and you're not going to support a family on that.

If you're a bit longer in the tooth, lots of relevant experience then the market opens up considerably and you or the company can make a greater case for your exact blend of skills and attributes not being readily available hence the LMO route.

And the rates improve but your still down or barely matching. However taxation is far better in Canada relative to Ireland so you can estimate net at 66% of gross unlike here where net is 58% of gross and you can apply for tax relief on childcare and not get taxed for requiring a company car to do your work!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I want to apply for FSW 2013. I have calculated my points which makes me easily eligible.

I want to know about the NOC requirement. What we have to do for it? Is this any kind of certification and verification require from the Canadian Authorities.

I have masters degree in Petroleum Engineering with Bacholer of Mechanical Engineering. I have 4 year work experience as well. I want to apply in the following category.

2145 Petroleum engineers
2132 Mechanical engineers

Please tell me about the NOC requirement and procedure.

Thanks,
Ijlal Siddiqui

·
Registered
58 Posts
Guys looks people are not quite clear on the Canada PR process since it is not as streamlined as Australia is. The process stand nowhere in comparison to that of Australia. First and the foremost steps is to check if your job is in the list of NOC codes published by CIC. And then get your education qualifications assessed. Do come up with your quries one by one, happy to answer.. for me i am done with my ECA, sent the application to CIC last week.. and as per their site it takes 2 months for them to acknowledge the application post which i would be getting any response..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Query

Guys looks people are not quite clear on the Canada PR process since it is not as streamlined as Australia is. The process stand nowhere in comparison to that of Australia. First and the foremost steps is to check if your job is in the list of NOC codes published by CIC. And then get your education qualifications assessed. Do come up with your quries one by one, happy to answer.. for me i am done with my ECA, sent the application to CIC last week.. and as per their site it takes 2 months for them to acknowledge the application post which i would be getting any response..
Hi nikhil,

how can i get the ceiling info of respective occupation. BTW, i am preparing for ielts now thinking to write in july 1st week. Before that i want to get ECA assessment done. can you please tell me the process and fees about ECA assessment

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Arjun.... you would be required to get your copies of marksheets (DMCs) and the final degree for the degree you have completed to be attested from the Controller of examination of university or the registrar.
Ask the university guys to seal the envelope and give it to you. One you have that submit the form online and pay the fees (around 288 CAD $). Send the fee receipt , envelope from University and one more copies of marksheets and degree to the address which WES has specified on their site. You will get a original copy of assessment from WES in around 10-15 days. This needs to be submitted with application which you will file later.

~Nik

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks

Hi Arjun.... you would be required to get your copies of marksheets (DMCs) and the final degree for the degree you have completed to be attested from the Controller of examination of university or the registrar.
Ask the university guys to seal the envelope and give it to you. One you have that submit the form online and pay the fees (around 288 CAD $). Send the fee receipt , envelope from University and one more copies of marksheets and degree to the address which WES has specified on their site. You will get a original copy of assessment from WES in around 10-15 days. This needs to be submitted with application which you will file later.

~Nik
Thanks very much nikhil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I want to know about NOC. I have found my related category of Mechanical and Petroleum engineer. What should I do? Do we need any certificated for NOC as well.

Or we will use this NOC for filling the application category?

Regards,
ijlal Siddiqui

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Ijlal, you would be required to submit the Roles and responsibilities letter from your employer while submitting the application. Also would be required to mentioned this NOC code on the cover page and in the application forms.

~Nik

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I have been shocked by the paperwork and confusing forms you have to wade through when applying to live and work in Canada. I applied years ago on the skills migration route to Australia and got it, it was fairly simple although it took ages and I unfortunately never made it, and its expired now. So now, ten years down the line I am thinking of Canada, but I just can't work the forms out by myself! Can anyone recommend a good, honest, inexpensive - if this is possible - agency that could help? Many thanks :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes.. for Aus its pretty straightfwd.. process is quite streamlined... for Canada the process is under improvement.. and they would follow the EOI approach hopefully from next year... You can do all your paperworks by yourself.. should not be that difficult... checklist provided on the site itself...David Cohen can help you but i heard its pretty expensive....

Reactions: collettetje

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question. I am an Human Resources admin in Edmonton, Alberta Canada and due to supreme labour shortages here we are looking over seas. Are there any sites someone could recommend to post ads for qualified workers. I'd really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello HR,

I am an Engineer from Houston,TX, is there a website where we can check your available positions?

You should try to open up an account in LinkedIn and create a profile for your company, you could post ads and job positions, does your company have a website?

Regards

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hoping it to get updated in some time.... CIC people say the process has been revamped.. their customer care number doesn't seem to be working..

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a question and I will be obliged if any of you seniors can guide me.

Here is my case, I have been living in the UAE from Feb 2011. My first arrival was on a visit visa then I changed it to employment in March 2011. Then I shifted back to the visit visa on May 2011 and remained so until September 2011. Then I went back to Pakistan and spent the whole October there. Back to UAE in November 2011 on a vist visa. Again employment visa from another company starting from November 2011 and remained on it until November 2012. Visit visa to UAE from there on until Feb 2013. Another month visit to Pakistan in March. Back in April 2013 on a visit visa and now on an employment visa starting from May 2013.

Sorry for so many confusing and probably irrelevant dates but I am confused as to if I have to provide it all in my application for Immigration in Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]? And what should be the date on my residence in UAE? The date of the latest visa or date of the first visit visa?

I am applying as a FSW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

First of all sorry barging in and asking. I completed my MSc in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering from UK and Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from India. I am planning to apply under NOC 2132 Mechanical Engineers. My question is which degree should I get assessed by WES or ICAS for Federal Skilled Worker Route?. Awaiting your answers

Thank you

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.