Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So despite all my energy and hopes throughout the last year, we have contemplated and made the move to Spain, but yet I am feeling deflated with the whole process... and it is no thanks to a specific developer! (who I know I am unable to openly name and shame)

My question is simply are there any that can be trusted?

We chose to settle down in La Romana in the Alicante Region. The developer, located on the high street, appears to have the local area stitched up in a mafia type of way and, along with her collaborators, I have discovered that not only is the woman running the whole affair the biggest gossip in the village but she is also the most deceitful and has no principles whatsoever. In her narcissistic manner, she befriends and bullies unsuspecting British expats.

I have witnessed first hand how she has come close to destroying a family on a personal level. Through word of mouth in the village, I have since found out that we were just another family in a very long list of families who have gone before us, to be taken in by this very convincing con woman.

Thankfully I have witnesses to the deception that has taken place an I am about to embark on a legal process that I will no doubt find extremely frustrating and time-sapping, however, I am not prepared to lose money to a confidence trickster and furthermore I will do my utmost to make sure any other prospects dealing in this area are fully aware of the tricks that are pulled in order to make people respond and make purchases from her.

My questions are
- can any developer/builder be trusted?
- who do I complain to in order to report the con taking place?
- can anyone recommend a good, English speaking lawyer in La Romana area?
- has anyone had any dealings with developers in the La Romana / Hondon Valley Region... good or bad... I would love to hear your experience.
- if you suspect you have had dealings with the same developer / Inmobiliaria I am referring to (located on the main street in La Romana) then I would love to hear from you as I build my case.
- if you are thinking of purchasing/building in La Romana or the Hondon Valley Region and want to avoid the same problems I have had then please PM me and I will share the name of the agent and developer I am eluding to.

Having said all the above... my family and I have had the best (nigh on) 12 months of living in Spain and we won't be driven out of town by these rogues nor will we let them beat us.

I will post back any progress I have with our claim

·
Registered
19,386 Posts
My questions are
- can any developer/builder be trusted?
Of course they can. Thousands of families end up buying and settling in Spain.

On the other hand it may well be that there is a kind of "mafia " working in this area. Perhaps you could contact with other Brits or Spanish people that have successfully bought in recent years by asking around...
I wish you luck, but I'm sorry I can't help you any more as I don't know anything about that area

1 - 5 of 5 Posts