Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have applied for skillassessment to ACS for Software Engineer.

Can I apply for both visa subclass 189 and 190 simultaneously.

The reason I am asking this that I might not have sufficient points for 189. So would like to get additional 5 points for State Nomination.

Since it takes around 3 months for invitation for State and I guess they require your EOI to be submitted under 190, so would like to apply for visa subclass 190 at the same time as applying under 189.

So that in case I do not get an invite under 189, I can try with additional 5 points once I get the response from state.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have applied for skillassessment to ACS for Software Engineer.

Can I apply for both visa subclass 189 and 190 simultaneously.

The reason I am asking this that I might not have sufficient points for 189. So would like to get additional 5 points for State Nomination.

Since it takes around 3 months for invitation for State and I guess they require your EOI to be submitted under 190, so would like to apply for visa subclass 190 at the same time as applying under 189.

So that in case I do not get an invite under 189, I can try with additional 5 points once I get the response from state.
yes, you can do that. For 190 some states require you to select them in your EOI as your intending place of migrating. So check the details on respective state website , wat is required

1 - 2 of 2 Posts