Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
My Wife's 'First period of leave to remain' spouse visa is due to expire in October 2017, and as per rule states, I will be making the application for an FLR(M) extention approximately 28 days before via the one-day service.

My question is regarding the new english requirement. Her first FLR(M) application made in October 2014 was based on an IELTS (which she sat at a UK Approved test centre) British council lahore pakistan dated 28/03/14 in which she scored an Overall Band Score 5.5 (B1/B2 equivalence I'm assuming). This is now past its 2 years validity...so can we use old english test ?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Band Score is misleading. I think your certificate has to state clearly whether it`s A1, A2, B1, B2 etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for ur reply.....no they didnt , the only thing they state...

Test Result

Listening 5.5
Reading 4.5
Writing 5.5
Speaking 6.0
Overall band Score 5.5

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just wanna query this also

We've applied for our first visa using her UK taught degree, assuming all goes well and no rules change will we be able to reuse that at 2.5 years and eventually ILR?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just wanna query this also

We've applied for our first visa using her UK taught degree, assuming all goes well and no rules change will we be able to reuse that at 2.5 years and eventually ILR?
When I first applied for my spouse visa I did the IELTS Exam. I then used the expired results for the 2.5 year renewal and plan to also use for ILR

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was asking John _Q.

Only seeing this now. The test does not give A1/A2 etc bands. It only lists the band score:
Listening/Reading/Writing/Speaking/Overall 8.0

I've just been looking into this now for my ILR and its pretty confusing.

The UK web site says:

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

- it’s on the current list of recognised tests
- it was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter

The IELTS exam I took is general training. Results: Listening/Reading/Writing/Speaking
but am not sure where it fits in under Approved_Secure_English_Language_Tests_and_Test_Centres.pdf

The test center is also still listed under Rest of World.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.