Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hai expats

Im new here and have a question, let me explain my situation first

My sister and brother in law was in Dubai for the last 1 and half year. Before two months my sister also got one job (cant even explain how difficult that was to get one). The problem is she went there on brotherr in law's visa and its going to expire on this September.once it got expired she needs to leave that job and pack to her native.

Is there any option for her to continue her job?
II hope my brother in law Will make it with another job but if it doesn't work what we can do?

Plz anyone knows anything please share your thoughts

Thanku so much for spending your time here.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,108 Posts
Hai expats

Im new here and have a question, let me explain my situation first

My sister and brother in law was in Dubai for the last 1 and half year. Before two months my sister also got one job (cant even explain how difficult that was to get one). The problem is she went there on brotherr in law's visa and its going to expire on this September.once it got expired she needs to leave that job and pack to her native.

Is there any option for her to continue her job?
II hope my brother in law Will make it with another job but if it doesn't work what we can do?

Plz anyone knows anything please share your thoughts

Thanku so much for spending your time here.
Hi,
She can request that her company sponsors her - instead of her husband.
Problem is that this will cost them money - it is cheap to issue a labour card to a wife on husbands visa.
If they value her - they will sponsor her.
Cheers
Steve

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,108 Posts
Hi,
No - that is not exactly what I meant.
She should currently have a labour card if she is working.
Her husband should have provided a letter of no objection when she started work and the company would have used this to get her a labour card.
If her husband is leaving Dubai - he will need to cancel her visa first, then his.
Once her visa is cancelled, she has 30 days to either leave Dubai or find a new sponsor.
If her company then sponsors her - she would then get new medical, new residence/work visa, new ID card and new labour card.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts