Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a situation where I may need to claim experience (in months) that I have acquired since after I got my ACS report.

Can someone please tell me if its possible? I mean the post-ACS reported months, can I use them in EOI?

Or do I have to get a new ACS assessment done? Because these months are based on the same job that is the last entry in my ACS report and I need them crucially to get EOI points..

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

Did you get confirmation on what can be done on the situation above?

Regards

Hi,

I have a situation where I may need to claim experience (in months) that I have acquired since after I got my ACS report.

Can someone please tell me if its possible? I mean the post-ACS reported months, can I use them in EOI?

Or do I have to get a new ACS assessment done? Because these months are based on the same job that is the last entry in my ACS report and I need them crucially to get EOI points..

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Any work experience post ACS assessment in the nominated field can be counted for points in EOI.

Sent from my XT1033 using Expat Forum

Reactions: johnapones

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for the quick note. Want to be sure how to claim the months after I got my ACS done. I am working for the same company and same profile. I got my ACS results in August 2013. While filing EOI I Gave my date of employment upto April 2014. Do I need to have update Ref letter, pay slips to back my claim.. Basically I am looking for what else do I need in terms of documentation to claim the extra months. Thanks.

Any work experience post ACS assessment in the nominated field can be counted for points in EOI.

Sent from my XT1033 using Expat Forum

·
Registered
792 Posts
Its confusing. To claim points for experience after post ACS aint we supposed to get a new ACS assessment. My ACS has work assessment upto Aug 2013 but I am still working. Can claim points from Sep 2013- to present just like that ? Seniors kindly help

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
You just need updated employer references, pay slips and tax documents covering the period post assessment date and it will be accepted as skilled work experience when you make your application.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you Shell, sorry if I am repeating myself here. I have submitted self declaration on Notarize document. Do I need to get the new self declaration with the updated date or do I specifically need reference letter from my company. Secondly when do I submit this document would the CO ask me to submit this or do I need to submit this with my application? Thanks in Advance!!

You just need updated employer references, pay slips and tax documents covering the period post assessment date and it will be accepted as skilled work experience when you make your application.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Self notorised? Do you have no evidence of your current employment?

Self notorised is fine for companies that employed you in the past and either no longer exist or the structure has changex but if you still work there you need evidence. Employment contract? Pay slips, tax documents etc. If you have pay evidence you may not need a reference.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I agree with _shel.

You need to submit the evidence which proves that you are still working with same company.
This includes: Bonafied letter/service certificate stating your name, date of joining on company letterhead.
It should have the most recent date.
Apart from that you should provide the payslips for the period between ACS assessment date and current/last month alongwith bank statement showing the salary getting credited.

Any tax statements, appraisal letters should make your claim very strong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you Shel/Expat2013,

I can get a Service Letter/Payslips/Bank Statement/Income Tax Document and would get them True copy certified. Where do I need to update/Upload them? Would the CO ask for these letters or do I need to submit them as soon as I file for my Visa? Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
You need to submit them with your application if you are using it to claim points. Dont wait to be asked for them, that will only delay the processing of your visa.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

Thanks a lot.
Hi Rah1x.
I have the same situation as you. I got my assessment Aug 2013 and I ve been working since then in the same company and same role. I am wondering did you apply for a reassessment for your rest of work experience or you used the old Acs and it worked. I am looking forward to hear your experience.

G

·
Hi Rah1x.
I have the same situation as you. I got my assessment Aug 2013 and I ve been working since then in the same company and same role. I am wondering did you apply for a reassessment for your rest of work experience or you used the old Acs and it worked. I am looking forward to hear your experience.
No need to get re-assessed. Use the same assessment and supplement it with a new reference letter (or notarized statutory declaration) to prove and state employment between Aug-2013 till now, pay slips, EPF slips, bank statements, promotion letters (if any), and any other document to prove your employment since Aug-2013 till now..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Rah1x.
no need to redo ACS... follow the other reply and supply your docs from current job....

G

·
Hi,

First things first- in your letter, there should be statements of the sort Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under xxxxxx of the ANZSCO Code. The following employment after mmm-yyyy is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to xxxxxx Please share these statements from your letter for expats here to give you an accurate suggestion.

As for your title being promoted from JD to SJD (congrats BTW!) is concerned: it is not an issue as long as your new reference letter states and clarifies that you are still performing the same (or maybe even more) roles and responsibilities for your ANZSCO.

Hi All,

I have been invited to lodge visa application for 189 so I asked my current employer to give me updated reference letter to attach it with the application . I was recently given new position of "Senior Java Developer" where as the old one was "Java Developer" . I applied to ACS before one year with the old position of "Java Developer" and the assessment letter result was as below :

Dates: 10/11 - 12/13 (2yrs 2mths)
Position: Java Developer
Employer: My Current Corporation

.... also in EOI I have mentioned that my current position is Java Developer. the problem now is that my current employer will give me a new reference letter that states that my current position is a "Senior Java Developer" .. my question is would this cause me any issues with DIAC ? would DIAC consider the whole experience from 10/11 until the date of the new reference letter . thank you in advance.

regards,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you a lot Form1229 for your response ... I got positive ACS as follows :

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code.
The following employment after September 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

I am aware that I should claim points after "September 2008" as per ACS .The new refernece letter will contain the same responsibilities but my concern was because of the new role "Senior Java Developer".

regards,

G

·
okay. Relax then. Just get the new reference letter from your employer. Verify and double check that the roles & responsibilities mentioned by your employer are still inline with your ANZSCO, and you are good to go.

Thank you a lot Form1229 for your response ... I got positive ACS as follows :

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code.
The following employment after September 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

I am aware that I should claim points after "September 2008" as per ACS .The new refernece letter will contain the same responsibilities but my concern was because of the new role "Senior Java Developer".

regards,

·
Registered
28 Posts
okay. Relax then. Just get the new reference letter from your employer. Verify and double check that the roles & responsibilities mentioned by your employer are still inline with your ANZSCO, and you are good to go.

thank a lot Form1229 . I will have the same responsibilities as the one presented to ACS in the old reference letter . thank you again and good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
no need to redo ACS... follow the other reply and supply your docs from current job....
Hi Rah1x.
Thanks for your reply. Would you please let me know how do you know about this? have you yourself experienced such case. Sorry that I am asking since I am very concerned about this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Form1229

I understand that we need to submit document proofs for claiming extra months ( beyond ACS assessed duration) for current employment , such as statutory declaration/pay slips/tax statement etc, but when ( what stage of the visa process ) do we need to submit them ?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts