Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I got my ACS assessment today, I got it in 7 days only but very sad about the results.

I am B.Tech in Computer Science 2002-2006
Company 1 - July 2006- Sept 2009 - Sr. Analyst
Company 2 - Sept 2009 - Oct 2010 - Business Analyst
company 3- Oct 2010 - until Present - Business Analyst
My age 30 now.

All above i have worked as Business analyst. I have experience of 8 years.But ACS has deducted my 4 years explaining my education doesn't match with my job profile. They have considered work exp from July 2010.
Overall i score 50 now. even after i score 7 band each, which makes my total score 60, which is not going to make me through anyway!

I was expecting max 2 years deduction.Has someone faced the same issue? Anything i can do about it? Please help..

·
Registered
942 Posts
sorry to know that...but i guess it is a common deduction by acs...sometimes they even deduct more (i mean even 6 )
however, i dont think you can ask reason, but you can appeal against the acs result...but unless you have strong proof's( strong for them), your result is unlikely to change..
a positive way to think about it would be state nomination or partner assessment to get that missed 5 points and to make up for it....good luck

·
Registered
942 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
ACS also reviews the subjects undertaken during undergrad course. Does the result mention if the qualification is considered to be at a comparable bachelor degree with major in relevant field. if it doesnt then probably they didnt find the subjects to be relevant and hence deducted 4 years...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bachelor of Technology (Computer Engineering) from Kurukshetra University completed
December 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing as per the ACS Skill Assessment letter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,I got my ACS assessment today, I got it in 7 days only but very sad about the results.

My age 30 now.

All above i have worked as Business analyst. I have experience of 8 years.But ACS has deducted my 4 years explaining my education doesn't match with my job profile. They have considered work exp from July 2010.
Overall i score 50 now. even after i score 7 band each, which makes my total score 60, which is not going to make me through anyway!

I was expecting max 2 years deduction.Has someone faced the same issue? Anything i can do about it? Please help..
Hi
Your graduation is major in computing and not in Business, so natural to deduct 4 years.
regards
ozz.dream2015

·
Registered
460 Posts
Had your major been in business there would have been no deduction...since it's not they deduct the time it would have taken for you to complete another Bachleors degree.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi
Your graduation is major in computing and not in Business, so natural to deduct 4 years.
regards
ozz.dream2015
i was told to tweak your skills so that it is aligned with your degree major and ACS won't deduct it years of your work experience.
what you guys think about it?

·
Registered
664 Posts

My age 30 now.

Why 60 points won't get you through?

·
Registered
664 Posts
BA's with 60 points are waiting for invite since July. they may start getting invite now but it will take months to clear the queue and the ceiling may be reached. And no one knows if ICT will be retained in SOL in July 2015.
Nope. Considering that almost all applications in queue have been finalised on the 5/12/2014 round, I would say the best option for OP is to appear for Ielts and get 7.0 across all four bands in due course.

As a matter of fact, last round they invited only 820 applicants; they supposed to send out as many as 1400 invitations. I would suggest that in the next 2 months, anyone who lodges an EOI will be invited immediately.

5 December 2014 round results

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi Guys,

need some advise from those that already got their skills assessed by ACS.

i got a degree in information technology major in software technology but i never really do much of coding in my career experience mostly administration.
i think ACS won't award me with any point score, what should i do in this case?
have anyone of you tweak your career skills so that it aligned with you degree qualification to get the required score point?
please advise.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey ozz.dream2015
Thanks for your reply. look like you also applied for the same category. Can you please share what you did in your education. how many years exp you are and how many years ACs deducted. also what was your score? Time Taken? Please if you can share the details with me, it will help!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what you all suggest, having score 60, would i receive Invitation?
OR
Should i wait till July 2014? Since they have considered exp from July 2010, so July 2010- July 2014 will make it 5 years and i will get additional Points?

OR
I should go for my spouse assessment? but here is a catch. Since in his case Engineer Australia will be the authority, his process itself will take 4-5 months, could be more.

OR i should go for my Spouse as Main applicant. But again time is issue.
Note: for EA assessment IELTS is required first, and next available date is 10 Jan,2015. So if i wait for him i will waste another 1.5 month to start the assessment itself, then 19 weeks for assesment. then i can use his points..

I am highly confused here.. please help..

·
Registered
584 Posts
if ur score is 60 already..u shudnt wait for any thing at all.. just go for 189..
after submitting eoi parallel you can do efforts watever u want to increase ur points.. but u never know ,
as i expected for my invite with 60 points in July 2014 due to poor ceiling scene but 26 th may was the lucky monday out of blue..
Dont think much and submit ur eoi today if u already have 60 points.

·
Registered
584 Posts
hi Guys,

need some advise from those that already got their skills assessed by ACS.

i got a degree in information technology major in software technology but i never really do much of coding in my career experience mostly administration.
i think ACS won't award me with any point score, what should i do in this case?
have anyone of you tweak your career skills so that it aligned with you degree qualification to get the required score point?
please advise.
i got assessment in 2013 when they really didnt deduct any year. u shud choose occupation from list which will closely match ur duties. its not like that only programmer can apply for immigration.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont have 60 points yet :( i have just 50. will try my best to score 7 each.. anyways i have to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts