Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've just started working in a coffee shop, it's recently been bought as a franchise, probably about 2 months ago, before that it was company owned.

The new owners said that they could sponsor me but they are not clued up on the details and neither am I so after talking to a few people I now am worrying that they are not eligible to sponsor me as they are new to owning the business so won't be able to apply for the Standard Business Sponsorship is this right? Or can they sponsor me through the main company from which it's franchised? Because I think they have to make a certain amount of money or own the business for a certain amount of time??

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks Sarah xx

S

·
0 Posts
If they meet the employer requirements yes they can but unlikely they will after only a couple of weeks. What role would they sponsor you for in a coffee house?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a supervisor, I do have experience in it from back home so that's something positive not sure if it's enough though!

I've only been here since february and I have no idea how anyone gets sponsored its really confusing, difficult and potentially really expensive hiring lawyers and all that! I want it live here and I'm nice and educated with no criminal convictions or health problems all I want to do is work and spend my money in the australian economy plus there's plenty of room!!!! Ha!!

Sorry, little rant over... :)

Any help and/or ranting will be appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.