Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me which side of Marina or JBR is there "less" traffic?

Yes, i know JBR and marina is all bad with respect to traffic but are there certain "clusters" or towers that have less traffic. My office is in Jebel Ali.

replies much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
The "west" end of the Marina from Zumurud Tower to KG Tower has its own slip road onto SZR in the direction of Jebel Ali.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are worried about traffic (whether it be foot or car) the last place you should consider is JBR. As suggested earlier, may suggest looking at something near the end of Marina (close to Marina Mall). Similarly you may even consider looking at JLT, while it may be a slight headache to navigate depending on your route, I still think you'd be far better off than braving the mess JBR has become.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
If you are worried about traffic (whether it be foot or car) the last place you should consider is JBR. .
I'd go further - avoid anywhere south of the Palm, which isn't a large residential community like Emirate Hills or the Springs basically.

The road network is scr*wed around there and the Tram has made it worse. Its not going to get better very soon (like years away).

Simply too many people, in too small a space, hampered by a Tram system which largely acts as an empty rolling roadblock. Two of my guys are leaving JBR area - both because the short drive into and from work is getting to be a joke, and the other because its prices are stuck at unrealistic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
rahzaa said:
Yes, i know JBR and marina is all bad with respect to traffic but are there certain "clusters" or towers that have less traffic. My office is in Jebel Ali. replies much appreciated.
The buildings in and around Marina Promenade are great. Easy in from SZR, easy out with no real headaches back onto SZR...if you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The north side buildings like the Princess and Torch are fairly easy to SZR, it takes me 20-25 minutes to gate 8 from there. And rents for the higher floors of the Torch are being discounted now ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts