Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read one person's account of refusal on the basis of not being in self employment for long enough to have accounts and as much as I thought I had understood the grid on Appendix FM-1.7 for combining towards the financial requirement, now I need to check. I did post previously saying I will meet the requirement but now I'm not so sure!

Hopefully, we will be applying for a fiance Visa in August. My part time job that I have had whilst completing studies for the past two years has commission and if I earn exactly the same as last year, the 6 months Feb - July average gross brings me to £18, 525.00, so £75.00 short. I appreciate there will be variance, but I am hoping that I will earn more this year which will mean I can apply under Cat A and I will know by April if I will cover it or not as my highest commission months will have been.

However, my P60 is likely to show earnings of around £16 - 17k for the tax year and my letter from my employer (actually the company accountant) will state my hourly rate and commission rate, which will of course show that even though I met the requirement for the 6 months prior to application, annually I earn around £1.6 - £2.6k less than the requirement. Would this have a negative impact if the gross average of the 6 months prior to application met the requirement?

I thought I would be able to include self-employed earnings once I complete my studies, which should amount to around £1 - 2k for the months March - July whilst I am getting started and still working for my employer if I don't meet Cat A requirements. Can I count this self employment income as I will also be in paid employment and is this then Category B combined with Category F or is it just for the financial year so April - July that self-employment counts or do I need a full financial year self-employed, in which case I couldn't use it as income?

Finally, if I pick up a second job to make up the additional income and run both my current part time job and that together, can I submit both sets of income combined under Category B or would that not be allowed?

Sorry it's so long - I only have a couple of months left studying but I don't want to do anything that would jepordise the Visa application, like going straight into self-employed consulting and leaving paid employment if it means a full year of waiting to apply for the Visa and the financial requirement is THE thing that we need to be 100% certain on before anything else.

Thank you for any response. :typing:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.