Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I wanted to apply PR as primary applicant but couldn't do it as my total points as of now 50 points and I have to have score 20 points in PTE then only I will reach to 70 points. seems difficult to me.

However, My husband's profile is better than me. Even, If he scored 10 points in PTE, his points will be 65 and 5 points additional from my skills under partner skill assessment(as I already have competent english skills ). So total would be 70 points.

The only concern is he does not want to quit his running job from India until and unless he has any job offer in Australia. I will be unemployed after 31 Aug 2017 till the time I got new job.
So, I want to know if my husband apply as a primary applicant and let me remain as dependent and let say we get PR in next 7-8 months. We both have to go to Australia and make entry in a specific time. In that case, if he stays there for 10-15 days and then come back to India to his current job, while I will continue to stay there as dependent Visa. As per my understanding, I will also have PR dependent Visa on which basis I can stay there alone and find a job also.

Can we do that ?

Quick response will be highly appreciated as we are planning to go for skill assessment next week only and decision depends on this situation.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi All,

I wanted to apply PR as primary applicant but couldn't do it as my total points as of now 50 points and I have to have score 20 points in PTE then only I will reach to 70 points. seems difficult to me.

However, My husband's profile is better than me. Even, If he scored 10 points in PTE, his points will be 65 and 5 points additional from my skills under partner skill assessment(as I already have competent english skills ). So total would be 70 points.

The only concern is he does not want to quit his running job from India until and unless he has any job offer in Australia. I will be unemployed after 31 Aug 2017 till the time I got new job.
So, I want to know if my husband apply as a primary applicant and let me remain as dependent and let say we get PR in next 7-8 months. We both have to go to Australia and make entry in a specific time. In that case, if he stays there for 10-15 days and then come back to India to his current job, while I will continue to stay there as dependent Visa. As per my understanding, I will also have PR dependent Visa on which basis I can stay there alone and find a job also.

Can we do that ?

Quick response will be highly appreciated as we are planning to go for skill assessment next week only and decision depends on this situation.

Many thanks in advance.
Same is my situation, once you get PR both of you will have same status. Both of you can work in Australia. When you get the grant, you will be given a date before which both of you have to enter Australia... no matter just for a day to get your passport stamped. Then either one of you can come back and continue working in India, until the other one gets a job in Australia. Good luck!! I ve filed ACS on 11 July and waiting for results. PTE done with 89 score. overall 70 points.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25,755 Posts
Hi All,

Can we do that ?

Many thanks in advance.
In my opinion, once you complete the IED, you have all the rights as the main applicant
Whether your husband lives or not in Australia with you, does not in anyway affect your right to live in the country

DIBP Website says :
Family members who are granted the visa have the same rights and can do the same things as you.

Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same is my situation, once you get PR both of you will have same status. Both of you can work in Australia. When you get the grant, you will be given a date before which both of you have to enter Australia... no matter just for a day to get your passport stamped. Then either one of you can come back and continue working in India, until the other one gets a job in Australia. Good luck!! I ve filed ACS on 11 July and waiting for results. PTE done with 89 score. overall 70 points.

Congrates for your ACS results. I will do next week. One more question from you as you recently filed your ACS.. Are you applying on your own or Taking help from any consultancy?

We have gone through a lot of information provided on google and decided to apply on own.

Thanks,

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congrates for your ACS results. I will do next week. One more question from you as you recently filed your ACS.. Are you applying on your own or Taking help from any consultancy?

We have gone through a lot of information provided on google and decided to apply on own.

Thanks,
I've hired a consultant since they had a good track record.. its not much of a deal though. I ve seen people doing themselves on youtube. I am still waiting for ACS results, they are taking 1.5-2 months to review.

Best is yet to come !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.