Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am South African, and my partner has a South African Life Partner Visa which expires in Nov 2014.

Previously we have been living in SA and doing all our visas there at HomeAffairs, but we will be relocating to London in Jan 2014, and while we are there the Life Partner Visa will expire (in Nov 2014). We cannot let it expire because the years count towards permanent residence. My problem is does this mean we will need to buy plane tickets and fly back to South Africa next year, purely to renew this visa before it expires?

My question is - is it possible to renew this South African Life Partner visa while in London? Either at the SA Embassy or High Commission?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I applied and was granted my life partner permit whilst in the UK at the SA embassy in London. So I don't see any reason why you cant do it. This was about three years ago. Mine took a week to be granted. However yours may take longer, I know that many applications get sent to SA for processing, which really does increase the processing time. This might happen to you as your first visa was granted whilst in SA.

I would contact the embassy that have a helpline, so you can determine what the best thing is to do, they should be able to advise you when you should submit your application, so you can have a continuous permit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.