Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We applied for our 175 visa on 1st Feb 2010.I know this might sound strange,but can we do the medicals beforehand.I mean, can we be do the medicals by around Aug or Sept 2010 just to make sure,we dont waste any further time in processing?

What are the medical procedures to be done for both primary as well as dependent applicant ? Where can it be done? Is there any validity period in the medical reports?

Please help!!

Thanks,
Erin.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Erin

First, are you on CSL? then yes you can do it the moment you have a CO. How you get to know you have a CO, if you go on check application status page, your document status changes from Required to Met.

I suggest waiting for the CO as the initial entry date depends on when you get the medicals and PCC done.

As for docs fr meds, there is a list of panel of docs on the immi site. see who is closest to you, fix an appointment and go when its time.

The medical has to be done for every applicant, including any child, for children they do a basic test, for anyone above 16 they do a proper test including blood test, regular tests and Chest Xray.

I think you have atleast 2 months before you hear form teh CO (if you are a CSL applicant)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anj,

Yes, we are on CSL.I came across one site which had a guy say that his medicals was done before itself,and so he could save much time on the visa processing.Thanks a lot,as usual,you are the first one to reply :)

Is this medicals is long one?How long does it take usually to get the reports?

Will it take 2 months for a CO to be assigned?:(
I started looking for status change already,eventhough its being only 2 days.

Bye,
Erin.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Erin it normally takes anything between a month to 4 months for the CO.. after you have a CO he'she take another couple of months to ask for meds/PCC depending on how many documents you gave and how satisfied they are with the documents. I really do not suggest getting the meds done now, wait for the CO. the moment you know you have CO, get them done. because ur initial entry date depends on when u get meds done. when uget the visa, no one wants to go there and then. you have too much to decide, too much to wind up, plan etc etc. even the tickets, when booked in advance are cheaper.

The report is sent to the department by the doc, they do not give it to you. Many cases i have heard, they give an envelop to you and you have to courier it without opening it. but this was long back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

We applied for our 175 visa on 1st Feb 2010.I know this might sound strange,but can we do the medicals beforehand.I mean, can we be do the medicals by around Aug or Sept 2010 just to make sure,we dont waste any further time in processing?

What are the medical procedures to be done for both primary as well as dependent applicant ? Where can it be done? Is there any validity period in the medical reports?

Please help!!

Thanks,
Erin.
Hi...

Quote from Department of Immigration website:-

"Do not attend a health examination before you lodge your visa application unless the information about your visa specifically asks you to do so. Otherwise, you will be advised by the department if and when to attend a health examination."

·
Registered
315 Posts
Boy, are you just itching to get Down Under ;-)

Your initial entry date is usually based 1-year from med date so be careful on that front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts