Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Expats,

I have a doubt. I have Aus PR (189 )and i haven't made my first entry. I was planing next month but i got a work assignment in New Zealand and i have to travel in two weeks.

My questions are.
1) Can i work in NZ with Aus PR - i think yes.
2) If i travel to NZ via Australia ( to make my first entry and take next flight to NZ ) will they allow me to work in NZ ?

Any experiences please share. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Yes and yes. This question comes up a lot on the forum - you should do a search on old threads as there are some issues you should be aware of if you decide to move to NZ on an Australian PR visa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, i checked old threads but little confused.
I'm not planing to move to NZ. I want to go for a work assignment and it will be for max for 3 months. Then ill be back to Australia. My question was just after making my first entry and going to New Zealand . Also i don't have a separate NZ visa to work there. In this case also with Aus PR am i eligible to work over there ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks, i checked old threads but little confused.
I'm not planing to move to NZ. I want to go for a work assignment and it will be for max for 3 months. Then ill be back to Australia. My question was just after making my first entry and going to New Zealand . Also i don't have a separate NZ visa to work there. In this case also with Aus PR am i eligible to work over there ?
Yes, after your initial entry you can go to NZ and work there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts