Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i got residence visa of UAE as my wife sponsored me. she is working in UAE

Can I work / take up a job with this visa.

please advice

thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm going to have to disagree IMR2009 - I sponsored my husband from May 2009 until he began working at the start of October, and he was designated as "muhrem" on his residence visa - which I believe translates as a male acting as the companion of a female relative on pilgrimage. When he accepted his job I checked with our PRO and one of our Free Zone sponsors - both of them told me we could not just arrange a work permit but that he would need to be fully sponsored by his employer. Ashish I don't know if this is a universal rule, but would recommend that you check with DNRD or your employer before taking work to make sure that you are legally covered to work.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think Katie and IMR said that the same thing, no? "...both of them told me we could not just arrange a work permit but that he would need to be fully sponsored by his employer"

Or, katie, are you saying that his new employer had to provide your husband residency, too? Wonder if this a free zone issue...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I sponsored my husband for a residence visa only. When he gained employment, I cancelled the visa that I had sponsored and his company provided residence and employment sponsorship.

In my opinion - it was definitely worth sponsoring him as an interim measure, it saves any hassles with visit visas and helped us both feel more secure / settled - BUT he could not simply get a labour card from his employer as a woman sponsored by her husband can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.