Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Can i travel Australia on travel visa while my 190 application is under progress? Will it impact my 190 application?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi guys,
Can i travel Australia on travel visa while my 190 application is under progress? Will it impact my 190 application?

If you already got the visa, then yes. If not and you intend to apply, your visitor visa could cancel your 190 visa if visitor visa decision comes later than 190 grant.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If you already got the visa, then yes. If not and you intend to apply, your visitor visa could cancel your 190 visa if visitor visa decision comes later than 190 grant.
I have not applied 190 as well as visitor visa till now. I am planning to file both visas in 1st week August. And planning to visit my relative in September.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have not applied 190 as well as visitor visa till now. I am planning to file both visas in 1st week August. And planning to visit my relative in September.

Apply for tourist visa earlier.When you have the tourist visa approved then only apply for 190.You can travel on tourist visa while 190 visa is in progress.190 takes quite some time these days so you can travel in between.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,916 Posts

No problem
Your visitors visa will be issued in weeks whereas your 190 will take months

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a tourist visa and have been invited to apply for 190. Can i travel on tourist visa and file 190 after reaching Australia? Can i start working as soon as i apply for 190?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hello,

I have a tourist visa and have been invited to apply for 190. Can i travel on tourist visa and file 190 after reaching Australia? Can i start working as soon as i apply for 190?

Thanks in advance.
No you cannot apply for 190 visa while in Australia as visitor visas have a condition which does not allow the applicant to apply for any other visa when onshore in Australia.However after applying u can visit Australia on visitor Visa.And u cannot work till the time you get your 190 visa as visitor visas have no work condition.If u breach that condition or overstay more than three months your 190 visa may also be refused.Dont do that mistake.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is there a "Bridge Visa", I think I read on this forum.

There is remote chance that I need to travel for an interview, when 189 is under process (that too is all future tense). But it always good to know the processes.

No problem
Your visitors visa will be issued in weeks whereas your 190 will take months

Cheers

·
Registered
174 Posts
OK, Bridge Visa is for people already in Australia.

So, it is advisable to not travel on Tourist Visa to Australia when 189/190 Visa is under process. Least, the Tourist Visa over-rides the 189/190 Visa, that would be a disaster.

Reactions: SunV

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
If your visitor visa does not have condition 8503 No Further Stay, then you can apply for the 190 visa while you are in Australia. You'd be issued a bridging visa that allows you to remain in Australia after the visitor visa expires if the 190 hasn't been issued yet. You cannot work while the visitor visa is in effect. Whether you can work on the bridging visa would depend on whether there are any conditions on it that restrict you from working, you would need to read the bridging visa when it's issued to know what conditions may apply.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, i am on a visitor visa in Australia without condition of No Further Stay. I have applied for State Nomination. Hopefully expecting outcome in 1 month.
I am planning to apply 190 from here and I will be granted bridging visa but i read online that conditions of visitor visa will be applied for bridging visa in terms of work permit, but does any one have any idea if we can put request application for additional work permit for bridging visa?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi, i am on a visitor visa in Australia without condition of No Further Stay. I have applied for State Nomination. Hopefully expecting outcome in 1 month.
I am planning to apply 190 from here and I will be granted bridging visa but i read online that conditions of visitor visa will be applied for bridging visa in terms of work permit, but does any one have any idea if we can put request application for additional work permit for bridging visa?
My bridging visa A that comes with 190 applications is condition free, which means I can work just like holding a working visa, the previous visitor visa doesnt affect.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My bridging visa A that comes with 190 applications is condition free, which means I can work just like holding a working visa, the previous visitor visa doesnt affect.
Thanks a lot mate
Thats good to know.
I was probably looking everywhere in google for this answer. Even i tried calling immigration, they said it depends case to case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts