Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my mothers and daughters passport,

1) Surname/family name field is left blank
2) In the given name column her first name and last name is written.

Example as in Passport

FAMILY NAME/SURNAME : ________________
GIVEN NAME : <First name> <Last name>

In the visa application, family name is mandatory and I have entered her first name as Given name and last name as Family name.
Will this create any problem? Should I submit form 1023(Notification of incorrect answer)?

Your guidance is required in this matter.

Thanks and Regards,
Harish Sidhartha

·
Registered
171 Posts
I guess you have passed that situation where you can get your passport corrected the way it has to be. So now the only option is to submit forms as the CO asks for it.

Ideally you should have gone for name change in passport prior submitting VISA. But there is no issue, you can submit forms in DIAC once CO is allocated.

Reactions: harishsidhartha

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So should I wait for CO to be assigned? In India, we use our last name as Family name.

regards,
Harish S

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

Is there no option to submit the visa application with family name or Given name field left as blank.
While submitting EOI, i had left the "Given Name" field as blank and "Family Name" field as "my Full name".

Can't the same thing be done while filing Visa application? I have recieved invitation to apply for Visa. Please suggest me what should be done to rectify this problem (as i don;t have a surname in my passport)

·
Registered
171 Posts
So should I wait for CO to be assigned? In India, we use our last name as Family name.

regards,
Harish S
Yes Harish, Please wait for the CO decision. Don't worry there wont be any issues

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi,

Is there no option to submit the visa application with family name or Given name field left as blank.
While submitting EOI, i had left the "Given Name" field as blank and "Family Name" field as "my Full name".

Can't the same thing be done while filing Visa application? I have recieved invitation to apply for Visa. Please suggest me what should be done to rectify this problem (as i don;t have a surname in my passport)
In south India, fathers name is added as surname usually, but not always. In other parts there would actually be a surname or a family name added as surname. You need to discuss with your family and change in your passport to fix this issue, but you have already been invited.
I guess while filling VISA application there might be an issue as you wont be able to leave the mandatory name fields.
But there are options to provide other names by which you are called, not sure how will you manage to give them. try to file the visa and you should be able to explore options

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Deat Team,

Can any seniors guide me on whether i need to submit 1023 form....

Regards,
Harish S

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Harish,

Did you face any issues with given name and surname?
Please update as i am facing same issues (my name is given name and surname is blank)

Please help needed

Regrads,
Shakti

·
Registered
213 Posts
My agent wrote my full name as Family name and no given names
And i got the grant without any problem

But in the egyptian passports there is no family and given , just full name

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for quick reply, I understood.

I think given name field can be left empty on EOI submission as well as at later stage.

Just for info.. In my passport(India) - Given Name: Shakti Singh Surname: Blank

Regards,
Shakti

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Shakthi,

Even I'm facing the same problem as yours.

Passport Surname - <Blank>
Passport given name - Syed Faizaan Arif

In my application, I filled the following which I'm not sure is right?
Surname - Syed
Given Name - Faizaan Arif

Can you tell me if I have to update the information in Immi ?
If no, should I inform the assigned CO about it?

Thanks
Faizaan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Shakthi,

Even I'm facing the same problem as yours.

Passport Surname - <Blank>
Passport given name - Syed Faizaan Arif

In my application, I filled the following which I'm not sure is right?
Surname - Syed
Given Name - Faizaan Arif

Can you tell me if I have to update the information in Immi ?
If no, should I inform the assigned CO about it?

Thanks
Faizaan
Hi Faizaan,

According to me if surname is blank in passport than your full name should be used in Surname and given name should be blank.

I have checked many threads , checked with many people .. hence reached to this conclusion.

Not sure though, please recheck

Regards,
Shakti

·
Registered
494 Posts
In my mothers and daughters passport,

1)Surname/family name field is left blank
2)In the given name column her first name and last name is written.

Example as in Passport

FAMILY NAME/SURNAME : ________________
GIVEN NAME : <First name> <Last name>

In the visa application, family name is mandatory and I have entered her first name as Given name and last name as Family name.
Will this create any problem? Should I submit form 1023(Notification of incorrect answer)?

Your guidance is required in this matter.

Thanks and Regards,
Harish Sidhartha
You can mention your father name as surname in application.

It is common that first and last name is swapped in India in many documents and will not be any issues.

But there should not be any additions, deletions or change in the name.

Sent by using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Faizaan,

According to me if surname is blank in passport than your full name should be used in Surname and given name should be blank.

I have checked many threads , checked with many people .. hence reached to this conclusion.

Regards,
Shakti
@Shakti, @dreamliner
Thx 4 ur respons. CO has been assigned, I will check with them and let you know what they say about it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi Faizaan,

Regards,
Shakti
Given name is mandatory.

Surname is optional.

If someone doesn't have surname his/her father name will be mentioned in that column.

Sent by using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
surname is blank

hi all,

I thought of trying for 189 skilled visa. But before i go for ACS submission i found that the name must be the same across all the documents.
Now i have an issue where my passport does not have surname since my initials (parents name) when expanded does not fit in the number of characters. They have omitted the surname and last name and added just my name in the passport. Will this have any issues while filing ACS or visa application? Pls suggest

·
Registered
17 Posts
Adding to my previous post, all other documents from birth certificate to sslc marksheet have full name with initials. Only in passport it is omitted due to character limitation. need your suggestion what can be done or if anyone of you have faced a similar issue, what was done.
I cannot go for name change in passport, since name is not changed anywhere in records, but passport issuing authority here says that i need to apply for name change. So confused with this as to what to do

·
Registered
494 Posts
Passport will have sufficient number of characters to cover most of the Indian names.

Have you tried to include your grandfather name also in the passport? Like father's surname?

Strange to know your name did not had either initial nor father name in passport.

Have you travelled to other countries with the passport you have?

Sent from my Lenovo using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
blank surname

Passport will have sufficient number of characters to cover most of the Indian names.

Have you tried to include your grandfather name also in the passport? Like father's surname?

Strange to know your name did not had either initial nor father name in passport.

Have you travelled to other countries with the passport you have?

No, the problem is all our names are lengthier when expanded will have 2-3 characters extra with spaces inbetween. Yes so they have not put even my fathers name in surname. In case they add only fathers name, then again it will not match with my other records which has both initials.
However i would like to know if there is a way without applying for change of name to either get the new passport in India. or is it acceptable for Austrailan visa (skilled independent)

·
Registered
494 Posts
No, the problem is all our names are lengthier when expanded will have 2-3 characters extra with spaces inbetween. Yes so they have not put even my fathers name in surname. In case they add only fathers name, then again it will not match with my other records which has both initials.
However i would like to know if there is a way without applying for change of name to either get the new passport in India. or is it acceptable for Austrailan visa (skilled independent)
What do you mean by both initials?

Is your father name has two words apart from his surname?

You need to provide some info on letters like 'xxxxxxxxxx' is your name and 'yyyyyyyy' is your father name and so on so that it is easy to understand.

If passport itself doesn't have enough space then how did you got his name in certificate as certificate will have much lesser space.

Please provide more information.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts