Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have my current BRP expiring around 4th week of September 2020 and I have planned to go on a vacation to Europe for a week and return by 7th August 2020. Will there be any issues, while I re-enter the UK border? I have also got the copy of my Visa extension application summary and the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) with extended date of September 2021 (next year). Is that okay to travel to Europe and return to UK now, as still my current BRP is valid until 23rd Sep 2020? :confused2:

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
No issues....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi, I have my current BRP expiring around 4th week of September 2020 and I have planned to go on a vacation to Europe for a week and return by 7th August 2020. Will there be any issues, while I re-enter the UK border? I have also got the copy of my Visa extension application summary and the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) with extended date of September 2021 (next year). Is that okay to travel to Europe and return to UK now, as still my current BRP is valid until 23rd Sep 2020? :confused2:
As long as you can be sure you will get back before the 23rd September and won't get caught in any suddenly introduced lockdowns in countries that you are visiting or passing through to get back, or cancelled or delayed flights if flying. There is a risk. Personally, I wouldn't want to take the chance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As long as you can be sure you will get back before the 23rd September and won't get caught in any suddenly introduced lockdowns in countries that you are visiting or passing through to get back, or cancelled or delayed flights if flying. There is a risk. Personally, I wouldn't want to take the chance.
I think it's about weighing up the risk. If you're away for a week and due back this Friday, it's seems to me pretty unlikely that you'll not be able to get back to the UK within the next 7 weeks. As long as you're back in the country by your visa expiry on 23rd September that will be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a Lot, Richjohn 🙂 I have travelled and got back to UK, as planned, without any issues. Thanks for Ur time in answering to my question. Appreciate that.

Hi, I have my current BRP expiring around 4th week of September 2020 and I have planned to go on a vacation to Europe for a week and return by 7th August 2020. Will there be any issues, while I re-enter the UK border? I have also got the copy of my Visa extension application summary and the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) with extended date of September 2021 (next year). Is that okay to travel to Europe and return to UK now, as still my current BRP is valid until 23rd Sep 2020?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it's about weighing up the risk. If you're away for a week and due back this Friday, it's seems to me pretty unlikely that you'll not be able to get back to the UK within the next 7 weeks. As long as you're back in the country by your visa expiry on 23rd September that will be fine.
Thanks a lot, StuartieG. As you mentioned, it's not a Problem at all. I've managed to enter UK without any questions. You all are very helpful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts