Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just had my OFII language test and as I expected I need to undertake some french language course. I already enrolled at a University for my french course which was costly. And now OFII says its obligatory for me to do there course. I just wanted to know if there is anyway i can solve this problem.

P.S - NO refund from university :(.

·
Administrator
50,008 Posts
If the OFII says you must take their class, then I guess you're stuck. Perhaps you can ask the university to hold your fees to allow you to take another class after you complete the OFII sponsored one.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mayurt,
I imagine the OFII course to be extremely basic compared to the uni one. I am also in a similar situation, but my OFII meeting should be months away and I have not applied for the uni french course. I still have intentions to take the uni one whether or not OFII requires me to take their course.

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I was at the OFII office that my oral was not so fluently and the officer was preparing a French course but the language center is 40 km away from my home, so I refuse to take it but I told her that I started learning my lesson with a private tutor. My husbands was with me at the officier's office that he said that I must learn the language well with my teacher otherwise I could not live in our town as no one would speak English. So the officier let me have the language certificate but still advise me learning French.

Hmmm, could you go to both classes by the OFII and UNI? My experience is to practice as much as possible by talking daily life.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just completed OFII French course - A2. Personally, I feel it is not all very basic, it depends on each individual's level. In the center which OFII sent me to, there are courses at A1.1, A1 and A2 levels. The center will soon start B1. Since I just passed the exam and have not missed one lesson, I think OFII will sponsor me again for the B1 course, as during the A2 exam oral interview, they have asked me if I would like to continue.

Actually during my first interview with OFII, they told me I do not need French class. But I feel my French level is really not good enough to WELL survive in France, I requested OFII to provide me French courses and so they agreed. I received my language certificate before the class starts.

In my A2 class, most of students are serious and study hard. The teachers are not too bad, some of them also teach at Paris municipal adult's class.

I plan after totally finished all courses OFII could sponsor, I will then start with university courses or with Alliance Francaise. However, I must admit that I do appreciate these free lessons, and they are helpful to me~~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.