Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am a dependent of a Tier2 ICT (Intra Company Transfer) visa holder and have been working for the past 2 years. we are now going to return back to our country as our visa is ending.
I have been paying into the National Insurance for these 2 years that i've worked and my queries are:

1. can the money I've paid into the NI be taken out now that i'm leaving the country for good?
2. If yes to the above question, (a) who should I contact? (b) how long will it take to get the money transferred to my bank account?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I believe the answer to that is no. The NI you pay is for public services (roads, police, etc.)

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
No, you can't get your NIC reimbursed. But what you have paid will earn eligibility towards state pension (but in fact you need to contribute for a minimum of 10 years, so it won't mean much).

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
NO.......

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Does that include non citizens though?
I would think so, many people did not want to become British Citizens after ILR as their own country (for example China) does not allow dual nationality. For those who do not want to lose their original citizenship, staying and working in the UK with ILR is the only option.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I would think so, many people did not want to become British Citizens after ILR as their own country (for example China) does not allow dual nationality. For those who do not want to lose their original citizenship, staying and working in the UK with ILR is the only option.
And after two years they would lose their ILR anyhow..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.