Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning to move to Australia in July 2015. I am taking ramdev ayurvedic medicine.

Is there any objection from Australian Border Agency if I have the Prescription and the sealed medicine.

Please suggest if anyone else taken Ramdev Ayurvedic Medicine to Australia from India in checkin bags.

sun123

·
Registered
780 Posts
Take with with you and declare it on form.
They will check it and may or may not accept it.
Not declaring is wrong but if you declare, let them decide eventually :)

Sent from my XT1068 using Expat Forum

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

With my own experience, I would say you should carry everything legitimate AND declare it.

THEN leave it to the Border Security officials at the Airport to decide.

IT all depends on who is manning the counters at that point in time. Have seen few items those were allowed for me BUT weren't allowed for my colleagues.

Hi,

I am planning to move to Australia in July 2015. I am taking ramdev ayurvedic medicine.

Is there any objection from Australian Border Agency if I have the Prescription and the sealed medicine.

Please suggest if anyone else taken Ramdev Ayurvedic Medicine to Australia from India in checkin bags.

sun123

Reactions: kettlerope

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi,

sun123
i think they are available in Australia. better buy there instead of taking it from here.

try this link..Patanjali Ayurveda Australia | Patanjali Ayurveda Australia - Ayurvedic Products, Ayurevedic Medicines

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi,

sun123
As other members have mentioned, it really depends on the officer. There's no hard and fast rule. I declared and got some allopathic and ayurvedic (Himalaya etc.) medicines with me since they didn't even check my bags. Had they checked them, I am not sure if they had allowed or not. They don't get to check all the bags even if you have declared things due to time constraints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts