Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Yes so long as you've not got a container full that you could possibly resell! Anything prescription keep hold of the prescription so you can show customs they were prescribed for you and anything non prescription make sure they are what ozzies can buy non prescription. For instance some countries allow you to buy what others have listed as controlled drugs like sleeping pills & v strong painkillers. They won't let you take that stuff in if its controlled in Au and not prescribed.

I had a ton of stuff prescribed & non in our suitcases, they had a quick glance and asked what country I bought it in & let me through.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I got nappy rash cream, tooth paste, mouth wash, a small bottle of shampoo, face cream/moisturizer, Hair conditioner etc but only for initial use, did not want to run to the drug store or the supermart to buy all this the first thing after reaching. As long as it is for personal use, you are good. I was also carrying basic day to day medicines, antibiotics, sleeping pills (just a few) and a few other medicines, that never came in use but they were with prescription, I got my daughter's medicines (8 months then) with prescription

·
Registered
110 Posts
anj1976 said:
I got nappy rash cream, tooth paste, mouth wash, a small bottle of shampoo, face cream/moisturizer, Hair conditioner etc but only for initial use, did not want to run to the drug store or the supermart to buy all this the first thing after reaching. As long as it is for personal use, you are good. I was also carrying basic day to day medicines, antibiotics, sleeping pills (just a few) and a few other medicines, that never came in use but they were with prescription, I got my daughter's medicines (8 months then) with prescription
Hi Anjali,

Can you let me know about Ayurvedic drugs like oils and tonics etc. Can these be carried into AU in larger quantities like 10 bottles for instance? Are these available to buy locally?

Regards
Prakash

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
A few Himalya products are available at Indian stores, infact I have seen things like Dabur Lal Dant Manjan, Fairness Cream, Hena etc at Indian store, you can try carrying but since they are ayurvedic, you might face problem, but again, you can try, when one can get food stuff, I am sure branded stuff wont have a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.