Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect that I can, but has anyone done it and can give me an idea of how to go about it?

Thanks
Maxx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yes it can be done. Download the application form online. Fill out and follow the DoS instructions for sending the application and old passport in. Once notified, then you will have to go to the embassy to pay the application fee. It takes about 2-3 weeks to get.

·
Super Moderator
3,606 Posts
Air 21 service, US Embassy

I suspect that I can, but has anyone done it and can give me an idea of how to go about it?

Thanks
Maxx
I'm getting close myself and it looks like everything can be accomplished with out you even showing up at the US Embassy you can use the Air21 service, for me that would be a cheaper way to go then renting a van.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I still had to pay the application fees at the embassy which didn't make sense at the time, but what does in this country?? Another option is if there is an embassy outreach in your area, you can apply then in person.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it can be done. Download the application form online. Fill out and follow the DoS instructions for sending the application and old passport in. Once notified, then you will have to go to the embassy to pay the application fee. It takes about 2-3 weeks to get.
Thanks Jon --- that's a big help!

Maxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm getting close myself and it looks like everything can be accomplished with out you even showing up at the US Embassy you can use the Air21 service, for me that would be a cheaper way to go then renting a van.
OK, now I'm feeling confident that it can be done without too much of a problem. Your reply agrees with Jon. But I guess I don't know what the Air21 service is.

Thanks
Maxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still had to pay the application fees at the embassy which didn't make sense at the time, but what does in this country?? Another option is if there is an embassy outreach in your area, you can apply then in person.
An embassy outreach? I wonder if there is one of those near or in Angeles.

Thanks
Maxx

·
Registered
534 Posts
I did most of my dealings at the US embassy outreach in Angeles but there are none schedule there now. The Embassy website does not post accurate information concerning their outreach I use the RAO website raonews3 there is a RAO office in Cebu too and other location raonews2
There is a smaller counselor office in Cebu too. I receive my daughter’s passport via 2go shipping company. The Manila Embassy used that shipping company and they maintain a small office in the Manila Embassy.

·
Super Moderator
3,606 Posts
Air 21

OK, now I'm feeling confident that it can be done without too much of a problem. Your reply agrees with Jon. But I guess I don't know what the Air21 service is.

Thanks
Maxx
Air 21 is a door to door service and they work with the US Embassy, sometimes you will see there commercials on TV, usually with businesses.

Here's a short cut to their service.

Air21 Delivery Service

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did most of my dealings at the US embassy outreach in Angeles but there are none schedule there now. The Embassy website does not post accurate information concerning their outreach I use the RAO website raonews3 there is a RAO office in Cebu too and other location raonews2
There is a smaller counselor office in Cebu too. I receive my daughter’s passport via 2go shipping company. The Manila Embassy used that shipping company and they maintain a small office in the Manila Embassy.
Ok... Thanks!!
Maxx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah I just renewed my passport a few months ago, after dealing with pinoy bureaucracy for so long it was refreshing going through the US system. But yeah having to travel to the Embassy and trying to make the cut off time of 10 am was a hassle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts