Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have 3 years 6 months experience in software testing automation , btech in ece with some electives in software engineering, ISTQB foundation certification, HP QTP Certification

i am planning to apply for skill assessment in january 2014. My question is if ACS assesses me as ICT minor, i cannot show 5 yrs relevant exp. In that case if I get sufficient (65) points without work exp, can i proceed with visa application?

Please let me know any cases like me was successful previously.
Your comments are greatly appreciated!

-arunch

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Yes you can apply for PR without claiming work experience points, it is not mandatory and saves a lot of hassle actually .. what is important is a positive skill assessment, which you can get even with ICT Minor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you can apply for PR without claiming work experience points, it is not mandatory and saves a lot of hassle actually .. what is important is a positive skill assessment, which you can get even with ICT Minor.
Hi Sunlight11,
Thanks for your quick response! What i am confused is , ACS has Required relevant experience for even ICT minor which is atleast 5 years. By the time I am going to apply to ACS ,I wont even have 4 years total experience ( 3 yr 8 months).

So can ACS reject me as unsuitable? Also if ACS rejects me , Will DIAC even consider my application? So , overall my question is what is the probability of my visa getting successful?
provided i can get sufficient points without work exp.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Unfortunately no, in that case you can't apply to DIAC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
-ve skill assesment

Hi all

I have over 16 years of IT experience, after a diploma in Industrial Electronics. I did an RPL as well.

Appeared for PTE and scored L:85, R: 85, W:84, S: 81

requested Assessment for ICT BA

Today received a negative feedback

Your ICT skills application has been assessed as unsuitable for migration under 261111 (ICT Business
Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.
The detail supplied in the ACS Project Report for the RPL application is insufficient to demonstrate thedepth and breadth of knowledge consistent with formal tertiary studies in ICT.
You have also been assessed as not meeting the requirements for professional information technology experience of eight (8) years in a field closely related to your nominated skilled occupation.

I am confused had applied for ICT BA. Now the question is can I resubmit using a different skill?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts