Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'll apply for my visa next week for the UK. All my documents are done. I just have an issue with my current Landlord. I have all the documents from him and I want to apply for my visa then give my months notice as I don't want to live in the property anymore.
My question is;
Can I give a months notice and move out or should I move out after I get my result from the visa application?
I was worried if the visa people phone my current Landlord asking if I live there then he will say no but surely it's okay as I was living there up until my application and I have my documents to prove it.
Appreciate the help in advance as I don't like my Landlord at all.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
It's best not to move while an application is pending. Sometimes it's inevitable but it's a sort of situation you'd rather avoid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sad

So I can't. I really want to move asap. Waiting for the visa reply will mean another 8 weeks in the property at a minimum.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Or move before you submit the application and give details of your new accommodation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have to give one month notice before we move out. Do I need to say in the application we will move out in a month and provide the details?

We will stay at my British partner's parents' house which will be free rent. He's accommodation is a rented flat. What do we need to provide if we state this in the application? (His tenancy contract, bills in his name, his support letter and letter from the agency approving us to live there etc.?) If we need to, does tenancy contract has to be original?

We won't have any letter from this address as well, is this will be an issue? (Unmarried Partner visa)

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Yes, that is fine. The question isn't you are renting somewhere when you apply but you will have somewhere to live when visa or FLR(M) is granted.
You submit invitation from your in-laws, consent letter from landlord, council tax or utility bill and preferably inspection report if you are sharing accommodation with in-laws.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the reply, Joppa.

Do we need an original tenancy contract between him and an agency as well? And I'm not sure if the property inspection will be done in 2~3 days so if we can't get in time, can we submit it as an extra document to Sheffield? (I am applying in the UK.)

We prepared all the documents with the current landlord such as a property inspection report, a support letter from him etc., but once we decide to move out in a month, do we still need to provide them as we will be here for a month anyway?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you for the reply, Joppa.

Do we need an original tenancy contract between him and an agency as well? And I'm not sure if the property inspection will be done in 2~3 days so if we can't get in time, can we submit it as an extra document to Sheffield? (I am applying in the UK.)

We prepared all the documents with the current landlord such as a property inspection report, a support letter from him etc., but once we decide to move out in a month, do we still need to provide them as we will be here for a month anyway?
What kind of visa are you applying for?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You already live in UK on another visa(?) so it's leave to remain on form FLR(M)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I am living in the UK with YMS visa and switching this to Unmarried partner visa.

The question is: (you don't need to go up and check again)

Do we need an original tenancy contract between him and an agency as well? And I'm not sure if the property inspection will be done in 2~3 days so if we can't get in time, can we explain the situation and send it as an extra document to Sheffield after the application and support documents sent? (I am applying in the UK.)

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
That tenancy agreement helps. There is no real mechanism for sending further documents after you've submitted.
No you don't need them, as they are only interested in your accommodation when leave to remain is granted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you, Joppa.

Would a copy of tenancy agreement helpful? (maybe get a stamp from the agency? Like authentication.)

It seems like it is impossible to get the property inspection in 2 days but we will try. Otherwise we will explain our situation. Fingers crossed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.