Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have been working in an advertising agency as a photographer since last 3 months, my company sent me a visa on paper and a ticket and have still not stamped my passport with a work permit. I am still in a 6 months probation period. Can i just take my passport and leave the job and the country. Will I have to pay the overstay fine or what are the possibilities.
If anyone has been in a similar situation. Please help.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would think you cannot simply leave, you need to give notice of a week or two (depending on your contract), also as per contract you are either liable or not liable for the mobilization fees (visas, airfare, accommodation)

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Failing that, if you have a valid visa you could just wait until you next get paid and leave the same day....

It wouldn't be straightforward trying to return mind you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a paper visa permit which was stamped the day I entered UAE. But my passport has sill not been stamped. Can I leave the country under this circumstances or will I be questioned at the airport that where is you stamp on the passport. Meaning I was staying illegally.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It will definitely create a lot of complications for you, especially if you intend to return to the UAE or the GCC in the future.

Why not just do things the legal and proper way?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I have been working in an advertising agency as a photographer since last 3 months, my company sent me a visa on paper and a ticket and have still not stamped my passport with a work permit. I am still in a 6 months probation period. Can i just take my passport and leave the job and the country. Will I have to pay the overstay fine or what are the possibilities.
If anyone has been in a similar situation. Please help.
I believe you can, however, there is a chance you can be blacklisted and that applies to the entire GCC.

It would be less stressful and less hectic if you just did it the right way lol

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I believe you can, however, there is a chance you can be blacklisted and that applies to the entire GCC.

It would be less stressful and less hectic if you just did it the right way lol
Another loads of bollocks post.

Being banned from being employed in the UAE because of an employer DOES NOT mean you are banned across the GCC.

I wish people would post truth not internet rumours on here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another loads of bollocks post.

Being banned from being employed in the UAE because of an employer DOES NOT mean you are banned across the GCC.

I wish people would post truth not internet rumours on here.
I've read a couple of articles that apply to being deported, I guess I wrongly assumed it applies to labor contracts.

Sorry.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I've read a couple of articles that apply to being deported, I guess I wrongly assumed it applies to labor contracts. Sorry.
You have to be really careful about giving advice of this nature unless you know the labor law inside out and, even then, most of us who have a reasonable knowledge of it would generally advise people to contact the Ministry of Labor. Often times, people asking this type of question will take your word as gospel and could end up making a horrible mistake because of what they've been told by someone who 'thinks' they know the answer. I go by the old adage of 'if in doubt, say nought' :) - welcome to the forum by the way!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts