Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I read somewhere in the forum that dependents cannot include parents.

Please let me know if this is true, since I want to include my mother in my PR application form.

Regards,
Sukhvinder

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What all proofs will be required to prove that she is dependent upon me.

- Just to give you a brief, I lost my father in 1988
- She is not working, she used to work as a teacher
- Every month I give her money and she lives with me
- She does not have anyone to take care of her

·
Registered
113 Posts
I believe you need to prove their english language ability as well. Same in case for spouse, If no, then they have to take the english exam.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I am not claiming any points for spouse, do I need to prove her English Language ability?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
What all proofs will be required to prove that she is dependent upon me.

- Just to give you a brief, I lost my father in 1988
- She is not working, she used to work as a teacher
- Every month I give her money and she lives with me
- She does not have anyone to take care of her
There are good chances that you will be able to get a PR for your mother. Someone with a similar scenario did this last year. I forgot who it was, but if you search you should be able to find that member. Maybe PM her and check which all documents she submitted in her application.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes you can include, I know a guy who included his father.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Including family members in your application !

As per IMMI guidelines IF both the Parents are Alive THEN they can't be termed as dependents in applicants visa application.

Your family member will be considered dependent if all of the following apply:
  • they do not have a spouse or de facto partner
  • they usually live with you
  • they are wholly or substantially reliant on your financial support for their basic living needs (food, shelter and clothing)
  • they are more reliant on you for support than on any other person or source
  • they have relied on you for at least the 12 months immediately before you lodge your application.

REF: Including family members in your application

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Document checklist for Dependent Parent!

Following is DRAFT document Checklist for Dependent Parent.......may be used as a starting point

1. Joint account statement
  2. Death certificate of the deceased Parent
  3. Affidavit of Primary Applicant and Dependent Parent
  4. Address proof (passport, AADHAAR Card, Ration Card...)
  5. Primary Applicants birth certificate
  6. Ration card copy
  7. Dependent Parents Birth Certificate
  8. School Leaving Certificate
  9. 47A form
  10. Dependent Parents Passport (showing same address as Primary Applicant) - the older, the better
  11. PAN card (for both Primary Applicants and Dependent Father showing Name)
  12. AADHAR card (for both Primary Applicants and Dependent Parents showing common address)
  13. Any Utility bills in Dependent Parents for your current address (Electricity, Telephone, Mobile or Cooking Gas bill)
  14. Any Insurance or Medi-claim that Primary Applicant has been paying on behalf of Dependent Parent (This one shows the strongest tie) -the older, the better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great Thanks this helps a lot..

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You can include a parent in your application if they meet the criteria for dependency (generally: no married, lived with you for 12 months prior to application, fully dependent on you financially and for basic needs). Dependents must prove functional English or else you pay a secondary applicant fee ($4885 AUD).

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
i got my Aussie PR on 13th Mar 2015. Now i want to include my Mom along with. Here i would like to mention that i lost my father last year. my mom used to be doctor now completely relying on me as my other siblings do not take care of her. what could be an option for her inclusion so that i can take her.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
hi
i got my Aussie PR on 13th Mar 2015. Now i want to include my Mom along with. Here i would like to mention that i lost my father last year. my mom used to be doctor now completely relying on me as my other siblings do not take care of her. what could be an option for her inclusion so that i can take her.
To sponsor your mother, you must be "settled" in Australia which is usually considered living here 2 years. You can sponsor her on a Contributory Parent Visa (CPV) if she meets the Balance of Family test (generally it means more of her children are living in Australia as citizens/PR holders than those living outside Australia). A CPV costs approximately $50,000 AUD and takes about 2 years to be processed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Following is DRAFT document Checklist for Dependent Parent.......may be used as a starting point

1. Joint account statement
  2. Death certificate of the deceased Parent
  3. Affidavit of Primary Applicant and Dependent Parent
  4. Address proof (passport, AADHAAR Card, Ration Card...)
  5. Primary Applicants birth certificate
  6. Ration card copy
  7. Dependent Parents Birth Certificate
  8. School Leaving Certificate
  9. 47A form
  10. Dependent Parents Passport (showing same address as Primary Applicant) - the older, the better
  11. PAN card (for both Primary Applicants and Dependent Father showing Name)
  12. AADHAR card (for both Primary Applicants and Dependent Parents showing common address)
  13. Any Utility bills in Dependent Parents for your current address (Electricity, Telephone, Mobile or Cooking Gas bill)
  14. Any Insurance or Medi-claim that Primary Applicant has been paying on behalf of Dependent Parent (This one shows the strongest tie) -the older, the better.
What happens if I add my mother in my application but the CO is unable to accept her as a dependent. Does it oppose a risk to get a PR for others on the application. Will the visa application get cancelled as a whole or can we remove dependent parent later if it is deemed that the provided proof is insufficient to indicate her as a dependent parent ?
I will have my Wife, Son and mother on the dependents list but unfortunately I do not have proofs to indicate that I have transferred money to her on a monthly basis. I am paying her insurance but the bills are in her name only. I am worried if adding my mother on the dependents list will jeopardize the visa application process but at the same time do not want to leave her back.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What happens if I add my mother in my application but the CO is unable to accept her as a dependent. Does it oppose a risk to get a PR for others on the application. Will the visa application get cancelled as a whole or can we remove dependent parent later if it is deemed that the provided proof is insufficient to indicate her as a dependent parent ?
I will have my Wife, Son and mother on the dependents list but unfortunately I do not have proofs to indicate that I have transferred money to her on a monthly basis. I am paying her insurance but the bills are in her name only. I am worried if adding my mother on the dependents list will jeopardize the visa application process but at the same time do not want to leave her back.
I also have the same query.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you cannot prove your mother is dependent on you, your CO will advise you and you can remove her from your application. There is no risk to your application.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts