Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a Immiaccount through which my existing 457 visa has been processed
I still have access to it.

But I am expecting an invite tomorrow under 189

For submitting the 189 application, can I create a new Immiaccount?

Is it legally allowed to have multiple Immiaccount and even if it allowed, is it advisable to have multiple of them ?

Cheers

·
Registered
23,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone ?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I already have a Immiaccount through which my existing 457 visa has been processed
I still have access to it.

But I am expecting an invite tomorrow under 189

For submitting the 189 application, can I create a new Immiaccount?

Is it legally allowed to have multiple Immiaccount and even if it allowed, is it advisable to have multiple of them ?

Cheers
Yes, you can have them as far as I have seen. Most important thing is the information given in the visa process than anything else.

I can't quote any link but here's a common reason why people have multiple ImmiAccount. They forget the login and hence create another one and receive visa later.

And that is a valid and good reason if one can't access the old account anymore.

Reactions: NB

·
Registered
23,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you can have them as far as I have seen. Most important thing is the information given in the visa process than anything else.

I can't quote any link but here's a common reason why people have multiple ImmiAccount. They forget the login and hence create another one and receive visa later.

And that is a valid and good reason if one can't access the old account anymore.
That's the problem
That there is no confirmation on the department website to either confirm or deny the same

Forgetting the password or user name can't be an excuse for multiple Immiaccount because the website gives you the option to retrieve the same using the forgotten password,or user name link

Is there any drawback in continuing with the same account that you can think of ?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I can't think of any advantage to having multiple Immiaccounts. By having all your applications in a single account, you would have the most clear picture of your application history

·
Registered
23,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't think of any advantage to having multiple Immiaccounts. By having all your applications in a single account, you would have the most clear picture of your application history
The original Immiaccount was made by my company agent for processing my 457 visa application

I am filing my 189 directly

I am not sure if the agent still has access to the account as it was created by him as a MARA agent , although I am also able to login directly

Any thoughts

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
That's the problem
That there is no confirmation on the department website to either confirm or deny the same

Forgetting the password or user name can't be an excuse for multiple Immiaccount because the website gives you the option to retrieve the same using the forgotten password,or user name link

Is there any drawback in continuing with the same account that you can think of ?

Cheers
That's the confusing area as it is not confirmed. But it is not always possible to retrieve the account username/password if one loses access to the email account used to create the ImmiAccount.

Without any official clarification/denial, you will have to assume based on other people experience or make your own decision I guess. Or explain the whole situation of you losing access to your account and whether you can now create another one for visa lodgement from DIBP.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The original Immiaccount was made by my company agent for processing my 457 visa application

I am filing my 189 directly

I am not sure if the agent still has access to the account as it was created by him as a MARA agent , although I am also able to login directly

Any thoughts

Cheers

Hi,

What did you do finally. Used the same immi account as 457 or created a new one.

Even my 457 was filed by my employer's MARA agent, but the immi account at that time was created by me only and after the agent filed the 457, I was able to see the 457 application under my immi account.

Whenever I happen to get the invite now. I will be kind of in a similar situation whether to use the same immi account or create a new one. The other concern is that I want to use the same medical HAP ID which is valid until April, 2018 and was submitted using the same immi account that I created at the time of 457 application.

Now say if I create a new immi account for the 189 application, can I use the medical HAP ID which was submitted/created in the other immi account where the 457 visa application was made.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi,

What did you do finally. Used the same immi account as 457 or created a new one.

Even my 457 was filed by my employer's MARA agent, but the immi account at that time was created by me only and after the agent filed the 457, I was able to see the 457 application under my immi account.

Whenever I happen to get the invite now. I will be kind of in a similar situation whether to use the same immi account or create a new one. The other concern is that I want to use the same medical HAP ID which is valid until April, 2018 and was submitted using the same immi account that I created at the time of 457 application.

Now say if I create a new immi account for the 189 application, can I use the medical HAP ID which was submitted/created in the other immi account where the 457 visa application was made.
Hi Newbie,
I finally found your dilemma one :p. In my case, I created my Immiaccount and I also rem username password. However, in that I have mentioned some information which I don't want to use now. My GTE convince that I will return back home which doesn't match with my 189 visa now. So if possible I wanted to start fresh and feel good than contradicting my previous say :(

What if I delete my old immiaccount and start fresh one? I need to get my Health done soon :(

Lots of dilemma to overcome. Never knew this 189 would be this big decision

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm planning to apply for two state sponsorships, Victoria 190 and South Australia 491.
Since the states only consider EOI (DHA) with the preferred state as their own, I'm planning to create separate EOI in DHA.

Can i create two immi accounts to with the same e-mail and different passwords to do that?
(This was stated in one of the forums)
Or else can I at least create two using different e-mail addresses?

Please give me an optimum solution.
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm planning to apply for two state sponsorships, Victoria 190 and South Australia 491.
Since the states only consider EOI (DHA) with the preferred state as their own, I'm planning to create separate EOI in DHA.

Can i create two immi accounts to with the same e-mail and different passwords to do that?
(This was stated in one of the forums)
Or else can I at least create two using different e-mail addresses?

Please give me an optimum solution.
Thanks
SkillSelect accounts (Where EOI's are launched) are different from Immi accounts (Which are used at the time of Visa application).
So you can have more than one SkillSelect account. For Immi accounts I'm not sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts