Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Unfortunately I am not sure claim points for my academic background. I have completed Bachelor of commerce(accounting) from India. Then I moved on to Australia for doing Masters of accounting. I just completed my first semester and now changed my course from accounting to ICT. Can i claim 15 points for my masters in ICT? as i read on immigration website that if you have a A Bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard then you'll be awarded 15 points.

I am very confused if i can claim 15 points for master degree in ICT and is it important that your bachelor study must be relevant to your master study to claim 15 points?
Would be very thankful if i can get some advise

Thank you

·
Registered
204 Posts
Assuming you will apply for ACS for your skill evaluation.
It all depends, let's say if your ICT masters degree has the ict content which is as per the ict major requirement and if it's content 65% relevant to the nominated occupation your qualification might be assessed as aqf master qualification in ICT major with computing.
I am no expert, the above information is up to my knowledge.

Best is yet to come!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts