Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my visa approved in a european country. i miscalculated days of my departure and resignation in my current employer my plan is to leave UAE without my visa cancelled. i would like to know if i can exit i will be allowed to leave? i have a 2 year contract. and my new employer is expecting me very soon.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Yes, but if you do not cancel your visa, your employer is likely to report you as an absconder. This may not bother you if you do not intend to return, however, there's a possibility it could cause you a problem if you transit, particularly if you leave with outstanding debts. Best to be upfront and sort it out and leave with a clean slate. Check with the MoL to be sure.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just got my visa approved in a european country. i miscalculated days of my departure and resignation in my current employer my plan is to leave UAE without my visa cancelled. i would like to know if i can exit i will be allowed to leave? i have a 2 year contract. and my new employer is expecting me very soon.
i wouldnt i would always cancel the visa here. otherwise you may end up with problems further down the line.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HI good day..i just want to ask about my situation,, i left Dubai last year without cancelling my visa,, and now im staying in Philippines..will this affect my petition to US? as my husband is US citizen and he will apply for my non-immigrant visa.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
HI good day..i just want to ask about my situation,, i left Dubai last year without cancelling my visa,, and now im staying in Philippines..will this affect my petition to US? as my husband is US citizen and he will apply for my non-immigrant visa.
Post this in the US forum and Dubai. You may find you get some responses and make a new thread rather than tagging it onto an old one where it doesn't get noticed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey there :) !
i have a similar situation and i would like to know how you sorted that issue out as i am really stressing out and being held in limbo...
thanks a mill in advance.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
i have a similar situation and i would like to know how you sorted that issue out as i am really stressing out and being held in limbo...
So you think someone who was planning to leave the UAE and not cancel their Visa and be an absconded person unable to return, and who was last seen 6th April 2014 will give you a reply ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So you think someone who was planning to leave the UAE and not cancel their Visa and be an absconded person unable to return, and who was last seen 6th April 2014 will give you a reply ?
yeah! well, you have a valid point :) ... that is why i was seeking to know what happened, as it is definitely not a good plan to be listed as absconder especially if you are planning to leave and then return. I agree with canceling, even if it is costly...
So, in your opinion, what do you think paying compensation fees for your employer can overcome the fact that you do not have enough time for a notice period to be given?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts