Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have arranged the employment references for the ACS evaluation for my previous employments. I have been facing issues, with my current employment. I have joined my current employer, just 3 months back, hence I don't think it is wise to ask the HR for the same. Also, it is a very short duration to convince a co-worker for a Stat. Decl.

I was just wondering, if it is possible to exclude my current employer, for the immigration process, as my total experience (approx. 8 years) comes under the safe limit.
Could someone please let me know, if he/she faced the same situation and the measures taken.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hi,
I have arranged the employment references for the ACS evaluation for my previous employments. I have been facing issues, with my current employment. I have joined my current employer, just 3 months back, hence I don't think it is wise to ask the HR for the same. Also, it is a very short duration to convince a co-worker for a Stat. Decl.

I was just wondering, if it is possible to exclude my current employer, for the immigration process, as my total experience (approx. 8 years) comes under the safe limit.
Could someone please let me know, if he/she faced the same situation and the measures taken.

Thank you all in advance.
Though I'm not sure, but technically it seems a logical thing to do. Instead of completely dropping out you may provide your offer letter and any other letter from HR confirming your employment.
I am not sure if ACS wants one to be currently employed to assess their skills.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Being currently employed is not a requirement. You can choose to drop this current employment altogether. However, if you do submit any joining letter or payslips, etc, ACS will come back and ask you for the RnR letter. So, better drop it altogether. You will receive your assessment with an end date equal to that of your last employment, and you will have to take care to submit your EOI with the same information (i.e. make sure you don't claim points for your current 3 months of employment). At visa stage though, do mention this current employment and submit whatever documents you have (joining letter, paysliips, etc).

Inviting Jeeten#80 to this thread to share his views.

All the best.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

KeeDa / TheExpatriate both are right.

IF you are able to get the required points without showing your Current Employment then just ignore it. No need to include it in your ACS skill assessment.

Being currently employed is not a requirement, I have done the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts