Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have receive ACS assessment positive . I have completed master’s degree from Tribhuvan University , Nepal. Due to my academic is not related to my profession. I applied for vetassess to assess my qualification for point test advice. I have received vetassess assessment of my master’s degree qualification (17 years full time education) in Sociology. Vetassess mention “ VETASSESS for the purpose of awarding points for qualifications under the General Skilled Migration points test as comparable to the educational level of an AQF Post Graduate Diploma”.

I am not sure to claim point for my academic qualification (One of my friend suggest me that can claim 10 points of my academic qualification). I hope to get suggestion regarding point ( 10 or 15 point for my academic) for my academic qualification.

Any suggestion appreciated.
Sailesh

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If your education has been assessed as a Diploma, then you can claim 10 points. You'd need to have received an assessment equivalent to a Degree to claim 15 points.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What about an Associated Degree ?
Does that give 10 or 15 ?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Your degree is not related?

Well I don't quite get this. If you are applying with an ACS assessment then you have to use the result's degree (which is unassessable so that makes it 0 for education)
If you are applying with a VETASSESS assessment then you can use the results degree but your experience must also be relevant (otherwise you cannot claim points from them)

Best to submit 2 different skillselect eoi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your degree is not related?

Well I don't quite get this. If you are applying with an ACS assessment then you have to use the result's degree (which is unassessable so that makes it 0 for education)
If you are applying with a VETASSESS assessment then you can use the results degree but your experience must also be relevant (otherwise you cannot claim points from them)

Best to submit 2 different skillselect eoi.
well thanks for your reply.
please see below outcome of ACS and shed some light :-

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and
Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Master of Science in Computer Science from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a major in computing.
The following employment after November 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

·
Registered
667 Posts
well thanks for your reply.
please see below outcome of ACS and shed some light :-

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and
Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Master of Science in Computer Science from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a major in computing.
The following employment after November 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Have you appllied to Skillselect? If you do then it tells you how much point it's worth. It's not really worth asking it here. But according to here ( https://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/2013/03/07/points-for-educational-qualification/ )
Any other qualification

You can receive 10 points for any other qualification or award which is recognised as suitable for your nominated occupation in your skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority.

You can claim 10 pts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts