Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear All,

I have ACS assessment positive. I have completed master’s degree from Tribhuvan University , Nepal. Due to my academic is not related to my profession. I applied for vetassess to assess my qualification for point test advice. I have received vetassess assessment of my master’s degree qualification (17 years full time education) in Sociology. Vetassess mention “ VETASSESS for the purpose of awarding points for qualifications under the General Skilled Migration points test as comparable to the educational level of an AQF Post Graduate Diploma”.

I am not sure to claim point for my academic qualification (One of my friend suggest me that can claim 10 points of my academic qualification). I hope to get suggestion regarding point ( 10 or 15 point for my academic) for my academic qualification.

Any suggestion appreciated.
Sailesh

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
You don't really claim the points. You choose the right option when filling the EOI form and the system awards you the points accordingly. In your case, it would be 10 points for your Diploma.

·
Registered
83 Posts
AQF Post Graduate Diploma should give you 15 points (bachelors/PG degree makes you eligible for 15 pts)

Dear All,

I have ACS assessment positive. I have completed master’s degree from Tribhuvan University , Nepal. Due to my academic is not related to my profession. I applied for vetassess to assess my qualification for point test advice. I have received vetassess assessment of my master’s degree qualification (17 years full time education) in Sociology. Vetassess mention “ VETASSESS for the purpose of awarding points for qualifications under the General Skilled Migration points test as comparable to the educational level of an AQF Post Graduate Diploma”.

I am not sure to claim point for my academic qualification (One of my friend suggest me that can claim 10 points of my academic qualification). I hope to get suggestion regarding point ( 10 or 15 point for my academic) for my academic qualification.

Any suggestion appreciated.
Sailesh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts