Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I bring my son to the UK to live with my husband and me?

I am Chinese. My husband is British. In September 2019 I will apply for ILR.

My first husband and I divorced. The court gave the care of my son to me. My ex-husband did not give any financial support so I went to work in Dalian and then to Beijing to earn money. My mother looked after my son. I also sent money home to pay for my two sisters’ education as my father was in a labour camp.

My son is now 16. My mother has told me she will go to Guangzhou to look after my sister’s second child and my son will have to come and live with me.

My question is, can he come and live with me? I want him to come in late 2018 as my mother will move in early 2019?

Thank you

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Nyclon.

My husband will sponsor my son. Which form do we need to make an application?

·
Registered
39,031 Posts
It is but the online version of it, which is similar but not identical.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, Joppa

Do we make the application through the Visa Office in Beijing or in the UK? My son is living with his grandmother in China at the moment.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be absolutely clear in our minds, do we complete the online version or the paper version?

Thank you

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question: Should the registration be in my son's name. I think, yes.

This is the online form for application outside the UK.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

It says

Welcome to the Visa4UK service, you can apply for a UK visa using this service if you’re an applicant who is not currently in the UK.

Register for an account using the 'Register an Account' button below to begin your application.

Thank you

·
Registered
39,031 Posts
If someone else is applying for a visa at the same time, such as a parent, registration can be in the adult's name but otherwise it has to be in your son's.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My husband will travel to Beijing. All applications from North East China are processed in Beijing. My son is applying for a passport.

Question: Is there also a paper appendix that my husband will have to take to the Beijing Visa Office?

Thank you.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I try to ask all the questions together.

Online Form.

Correct answer?
Passport and Travel Document (Page 1)
Q. How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
Indefinitely

Under 18 (Page 8)
Asks for details of my son’s father
We added this in Additional Information
My mother has sole legal responsibility for me following her divorce from my father. I have met my father for a total of two hours since the divorce on 22nd June 2009. I am at a boarding school. During the summer holiday, I live with my grandparents in the family home. My mother also stays for two months during the summer.

When we registered on visa4uk the site directed us to this form.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...nt_data/file/727572/vaf4a-appendix1-07-18.pdf

Part 1. Left blank.
Do not complete this part if you are applying as the child of settled parent(s) with limited leave

Part 2. Your Sponsor’s Financial Circumstances

Question
Is this the formula?
£18,600 + £3,800 (first child) = £22,400
If income is not enough then
Income + £16,000 + 2.5 x shortfall in income in instant access savings?

Question
Do I need my ex-husband’s permission for my son to leave China?
The divorce court order (in China) gives me sole legal and financial responsibility for my son. I will have the court order translated into English by a translator recognised by the Home Office.

Question
Do I need to write a letter to the Entry Clearance Officer to explain the situation with my ex-husband?

Question
Do I need to show relationship evidence with my son?
Photos, air tickets, passport stamps, WeChat calls

Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.