Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light to my situation please.

My husband's visa is due to expire July 13th 2017. We both work and wanted to apply using Cat A initially but due to zero hour contract he does not get regular hours and therefore some months he has no pay. Employer being a bit reluctant to issues letters explaining this and i am soo stuck i just do not know what to do.

I started my job in Sept 2016,part time and salaried but not enough to meet the required amount. Before Sept 2016, i was on SMP from Oct 2015 and before that i was working with the same employer but on a zero hour since 2012.

For my husband he has two zero hour jobs, for one he did not get hours for Mid March, April and May and a few hours in June. The other zero hour he missed work for April and therefore does not have a payslip for May (gets paid in arrears if you know what i mean). He, however, got a permanent job that began this month on the 12th and will be making above the required amount but as we are planning to send this off as soon as possible we can only include the contract not a payslip.

How can we apply under CAT B? How do i calculate the last 12 months payslips? do i include SMP and if yes how do i calculate if i was on SMP between June and July and no pay until Sept 2016 which became salaried?

Please anyone who can advice i appreciate.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Not open for further replies.