Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is it possible to apply infant passport in tatkal? Do I have to show some proof for urgency? I need to update the CO with baby passport. I have spouse name endorsed in my passport. What are the requirements to baby passport in tatkal? How long will it take to get passport in tatkal and normal? is there police verification for baby passport? Any one please let me know your experiences.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had applied from Mumbai..just try to get a good agent.. I got my baby's Passport in 1 day. It's easy don't worry

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Yes you can get it made in tatkal. they do need a leter from a govt. official. tatkal passports are made in 3-5 days. and yes they do police verification for baby's passport

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you can get it made in tatkal. they do need a leter from a govt. official. tatkal passports are made in 3-5 days. and yes they do police verification for baby's passport
They did not mention in passport website that they need letter from government official for tatkal passports for infants... Please confirm. Usually verification letter is needed from a government official if the applicant is an adult.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
You can check with pssport office. I got it made 3 years back. not sure if I gave or not

·
Registered
194 Posts
I dont think thats correct.

No police verification is done for infants; and to make a passport in tatkaal you dont need any letter, you just need to pay an additional amount and have an extra address proof.

The difference between regular and tatkaal passports is that in regular passports the police verification is done before the PP is issued while in tatkaal the verification is done after the PP is sent to you (hence you get the PP early). However since no police verification is needed for the infant (if both the parent hold valid PPs and one has the spouse name endorsed) I cant see an difference in regular and tatkaal for infants.

I got my infants PP in around four days.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont think thats correct.

No police verification is done for infants; and to make a passport in tatkaal you dont need any letter, you just need to pay an additional amount and have an extra address proof.

The difference between regular and tatkaal passports is that in regular passports the police verification is done before the PP is issued while in tatkaal the verification is done after the PP is sent to you (hence you get the PP early). However since no police verification is needed for the infant (if both the parent hold valid PPs and one has the spouse name endorsed) I cant see an difference in regular and tatkaal for infants.

I got my infants PP in around four days.
Thanks for the reply. Did you apply your infant passport in tatkal or normal?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
as I said, the letter I am not sure but the verification happened for sure. They even saw the baby. I remember because I found it very funny..

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
The verification is usually after 3-4 months. you never know. But it might be different in bangalore. This was when I was in Gurgaon

·
Registered
163 Posts
NO,

There is no police verification for infant passports.

Cheers,
Ashish

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Ashish as i aid, they did it for my daughter 3 years back. I have no reason to make it up or lie

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello,

Is it possible to apply infant passport in tatkal? Do I have to show some proof for urgency? I need to update the CO with baby passport. I have spouse name endorsed in my passport. What are the requirements to baby passport in tatkal? How long will it take to get passport in tatkal and normal? is there police verification for baby passport? Any one please let me know your experiences.
If your spouse's name is endorsed on your passport, no police verification will be done for the infant.
You do not need to apply for tatkal.
I got my baby's passport issued last month and got it issued in 3 days through normal.
You need infant's birth certificate, both parents' passports with spouse name endorsed on any one and a declaration available on psk website(don't remember the annexure .. .guess 'H')

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ashish as i aid, they did it for my daughter 3 years back. I have no reason to make it up or lie
Hey take it easy,

I just said as I considered your unawareness.. thats all.
I havent thought of you lying out here :cool:

Cheers,
Asish

1 - 15 of 15 Posts