Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear NZ

I will be moving to NZ next month on study visa (dl-7 course in recognized institute)checked on immi website.

Now my question is , can i Apply for PR while working after studies.

i have calculated the points using points indicator on immi website, it has given me 140 points as it has mentioned that 100 points and above is required to file EOI for PR.

I haven't seen points for english test requirements(IELTS)???is it mandatory?

my age is 29 now and after completing my 1year of DL-7 Course in Information technology ,i will be around 30 or 31 if i have job offer and working in nz

considering this , i understand that i will get points as mentioned below

age= 25
recognized qualification or dl-7=50+10(qualification in demand)
Overseas/home country Work exp( Saudi Arabia and India 5 years+)=15
job offer=50

that totals to 150.

Here's My Career/Study timeline

2007=Graduated, Bachelor of Technology

2007-2011= worked in India As Network Engineer/System Admin

2011-2012=Prepared for Cisco Cert and Passed Successfully.

2013 Jan-April2014= Worked in Saudi as IT/ NetworkAdministrator

2014 May=Moved back to india in May 2014 and since then Preparing for Certifications, will appear this month.

Got Offer to study in NZ n will be moving next month

I Appreciate if someone Can Advice/elaborate on this.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
Dear NZ

I will be moving to NZ next month on study visa (dl-7 course in recognized institute)checked on immi website.

Now my question is , can i Apply for PR while working after studies.

i have calculated the points using points indicator on immi website, it has given me 140 points as it has mentioned that 100 points and above is required to file EOI for PR.

I haven't seen points for english test requirements(IELTS)???is it mandatory?

my age is 29 now and after completing my 1year of DL-7 Course in Information technology ,i will be around 30 or 31 if i have job offer and working in nz

considering this , i understand that i will get points as mentioned below

age= 25
recognized qualification or dl-7=50+10(qualification in demand)
Overseas/home country Work exp( Saudi Arabia and India 5 years+)=15
job offer=50

that totals to 150.

Here's My Career/Study timeline

2007=Graduated, Bachelor of Technology

2007-2011= worked in India As Network Engineer/System Admin

2011-2012=Prepared for Cisco Cert and Passed Successfully.

2013 Jan-April2014= Worked in Saudi as IT/ NetworkAdministrator

2014 May=Moved back to india in May 2014 and since then Preparing for Certifications, will appear this month.

Got Offer to study in NZ n will be moving next month

I Appreciate if someone Can Advice/elaborate on this.

thanks
Hi and welcome,

You can apply for PR anytime so long as you meet the criteria and requirements and have sufficient points on the EOI. Not a good idea to submit EOI without a job offer unless you have at least 140 points to guarantee selection. OK to submit EOI with points between 100 and 135 so long as you also have a job offer as it is likely that your EOI with a job offer will be selected - see the historic selections 2015 selections and NZ Residence Programme Fact Sheets - New Zealand Immigration Service

Now my first thought is how do you intend to stay in NZ after your study visa ? Remember you always need to have a valid visa that allows you to stay in NZ so in the interim period between the expiry of your study visa and maybe getting a Resident visa (not PR) may be a long period.
Note: PR is only available when you have held a Resident visa for a minimum of 2 years and satisfied one of five criteria.
So, in this respect do you intend to apply for a post-study job search visa then a practical experience visa if you get a job whilst the Resident visa is going through processing ?

Please consider the period of time it will take to be awarded a Resident visa even if you are already living here and have the right to work so having points for a job offer. It can still take at least 6 - 9 months assuming all is well with your application.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now my first thought is how do you intend to stay in NZ after your study visa ? Remember you always need to have a valid visa that allows you to stay in NZ so in the interim period between the expiry of your study visa and maybe getting a Resident visa (not PR) may be a long period.
Am i Directly Eligible for Post study work Visa(Open) or do i need to apply during my studies?

Just in case if i manage to get a job in the first 3 months of my post -study work visa(Open), can i apply for RV while holding/working on post-study work visa(Open)?

Note: PR is only available when you have held a Resident visa for a minimum of 2 years and satisfied one of five criteria.

So, in this respect do you intend to apply for a post-study job search visa then a practical experience visa if you get a job whilst the Resident visa is going through processing ?
and what if i couldnt manage to get job in first 6 months or so during the post study work visa(OPEN) , do i have to exit NZ??? Is RV same as Post-Study Work Visa(employer assisted)
Study to Work

Please consider the period of time it will take to be awarded a Resident visa even if you are already living here and have the right to work so having points for a job offer. It can still take at least 6 - 9 months assuming all is well with your application.
[/QUOTE]

can u send me link for RV details.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
No-one becomes directly eligible for a visa in NZ, meaning Immigration NZ don't hand them out automatically. It is an individuals responsibility to ensure they always have a valid visa for their purposes of being in NZ. If you want to continue in NZ after your period of study you will need to apply just like everyone else making sure you leave enough valid time on your current visa to secure another one allowing you to stay on.
As I said previously, you can apply for RV via the Skilled Migrant Category at any time so long as you meet the criteria and have enough points but it is a long process so usually one has to look at temporary routes until the RV comes through.
In your case this would be a Post Study Job Search Visa or Post Study Work Visa. You can always have the RV application just ticking along in the background.
Be mindful though, if you are basing your RV application on the study course / qualification completed in NZ you probably won't be eligible for enough points as you need a 2 or 3 year period of post study work experience to satisfy the absolute skills shortage requirement so you may not be able to apply for RV for that reason for a couple or three years ? , however the post study work visa should tide you over for that period of time depending on the length of the job offer you receive.

Skilled Migrant Category

Reactions: danadam38in
1 - 4 of 4 Posts