Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
You can try but it would be rare for both parents to be accepted as dependants unless one of them was disabled. In which case it could be hard if not impossible for them to pass the medical.

DIAC does not recognise that adult married people can be dependants because they are dependant on each other and not you according to their rules.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can try but it would be rare for both parents to be accepted as dependants unless one of them was disabled. In which case it could be hard if not impossible for them to pass the medical.

DIAC does not recognise that adult married people can be dependants because they are dependant on each other and not you according to their rules.
Thanks shel. very kind of you to post this soon. In fact I have only my mother and I'm the only child to her. During my absence, there is nobody to take care of her back in Sri Lanka. That's what I was worrying for. Can you recommend any possibility please..?

G

·
If she is widowed and she lives with you in your home and you can prove that. Then put her down as your dependent.

Unless she was particularly rich, had a pension that would fully meet her needs or another husband and children ;o) then you stand as good a chance as anyone else.

Being from Sri Lanka DIAC will recognise that widowed parents are often dependent and will assess it accordingly. People from the UK, USA etc would not be able to do this but people from developing countries can. If you can prove she lives with you with official documents and that you meet her living costs, food, housing etc you should be ok. If you could not prove this with documents it might be tough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If she is widowed and she lives with you in your home and you can prove that. Then put her down as your dependent.

Unless she was particularly rich, had a pension that would fully meet her needs or another husband and children ;o) then you stand as good a chance as anyone else.

Being from Sri Lanka DIAC will recognise that widowed parents are often dependent and will assess it accordingly. People from the UK, USA etc would not be able to do this but people from developing countries can. If you can prove she lives with you with official documents and that you meet her living costs, food, housing etc you should be ok. If you could not prove this with documents it might be tough.
thank you very much. it'll be very helpful to me. she is not a widow. my father left us when I was small and thenceforth, my mother looked after alone. Now I'm the one looking after her.
Could you please give some examples of the proofs I may need to prepare.

Thank you for the kind support

·
Registered
186 Posts
the most important proof u need to have is the evidence that ur father left u...that could be proved by statuatiory declarations from ur relatives (may b neighbors) that u and ur mother live together and ur father doesnt live with u...if u have a divorce certificate then that would make it easier...

Reactions: rnd3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the most important proof u need to have is the evidence that ur father left u...that could be proved by statuatiory declarations from ur relatives (may b neighbors) that u and ur mother live together and ur father doesnt live with u...if u have a divorce certificate then that would make it easier...

Thanks mhk. Thank you very much...!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.