Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
End of November Catalunya goes voting for its parliament again, the subways are full of adverts encouraging people to go voting.

My question: can foreigners with EU passports vote in these elections, or is it only municipal electrions (when mayor and city council are elected) where inhabitants from other EU countries can vote?

·
Administrator
36,070 Posts
End of November Catalunya goes voting for its parliament again, the subways are full of adverts encouraging people to go voting.

My question: can foreigners with EU passports vote in these elections, or is it only municipal electrions (when mayor and city council are elected) where inhabitants from other EU countries can vote?
usually just the local/municipal & European elections

it might well be different in Catalunya I guess - so many things are.............

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check with the city hall.

For municipal elections I can vote for sure indeed. Even when these elections are only in a 5 or 6 months time, I already received my letter inviting me to vote. I guess they send these out to all residents that are either Spanish or having citizenship of another EU nation. I do plan to vote, but if I would be allowed to vote for Catalan parliament as well I'd do so as well.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have empadronamiento, so registered as officially living in BCN. Guess I'll have to forget giving a vote to Esquerra Unida Alternativa then this month :( Luckily shortly after new year municipal elections are upcoming, my letter inviting me to vote is already in my letterbox and I certainly will be voting.

·
Registered
15,502 Posts
I have empadronamiento, so registered as officially living in BCN. Guess I'll have to forget giving a vote to Esquerra Unida Alternativa then this month :( Luckily shortly after new year municipal elections are upcoming, my letter inviting me to vote is already in my letterbox and I certainly will be voting.
Good for you! Too many people just don´t bother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.