Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in a critical situation right here. I have an Indian passport with Australian Permanent Residency, currently staying in Sydney, Australia.

I had entered USA on a B1 visa which my company had sponsored in 2006. The B1 visa is still valid upto 2015.

Now I am getting some calls from employers expressing interest in my profile. I would like to know if I can enter USA with that B1 visa(without a sponsored employer)?

Also, is B1 counted as a visitor visa as well?

I would highly appreciate your replies.

Thanks,
Ansuman Roy

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hi,

I am in a critical situation right here. I have an Indian passport with Australian Permanent Residency, currently staying in Sydney, Australia.

I had entered USA on a B1 visa which my company had sponsored in 2006. The B1 visa is still valid upto 2015.

Now I am getting some calls from employers expressing interest in my profile. I would like to know if I can enter USA with that B1 visa(without a sponsored employer)?

Thanks,
Ansuman Roy
Interesting question. (= I have no idea of the answer.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Thanks,
Ansuman Roy
Hi Ansuman

Yes, you can travel to US in B1/B2 visa. I had a B1 /B2 issues in 2006 and been to US in 2006. After coming to Australia, I have traveled in a personal visit to USA on the same B1/B2 on my Indian Passport.

Now I have a question, I have an Australian Passport and want to travel, can I use the same B1/B2? Only my Indian Passport in cancelled and not the Visas in the Passport. Any can reply for this?

Cheers,
Jagi.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Hi Ansuman

Yes, you can travel to US in B1/B2 visa. I had a B1 /B2 issues in 2006 and been to US in 2006. After coming to Australia, I have traveled in a personal visit to USA on the same B1/B2 on my Indian Passport.

Now I have a question, I have an Australian Passport and want to travel, can I use the same B1/B2? Only my Indian Passport in cancelled and not the Visas in the Passport. Any can reply for this?

Cheers,
Jagi.
Are you still an Indian citizen?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts