Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you all for all the good advice previously given to me!

Hi can anyone please tell me what kind of questions they ask you at the airport once i land in the U.S? We applied for the immigrant visa I-130 and then the DS-230 and was accepted. I'm now awaiting our passport and visa pack to be returned.

My question is, will we have another interview again? I know that they will take us to the secondary processing area but is that just a formality? Or will be be reinterviewed? i know i'm probably worrying for nothing but thats what i do, i'm a worrier.

Are there any do's and don'ts?

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hi can anyone please tell me what kind of questions they ask you at the airport once i land in the U.S? We applied for the immigrant visa I-130 and then the DS-230 and was accepted. I'm now awaiting our passport and visa pack to be returned.

My question is, will we have another interview again? I know that they will take us to the secondary processing area but is that just a formality? Or will be be reinterviewed? i know i'm probably worrying for nothing but thats what i do, i'm a worrier.

Thanks alot!
Keep worrying about what happens next is good, so that you can take additional precaustions. But, being unduly worried is not good. Having gone through the initial and most important step, you can handle the next step as well. They will try to verify your genuinity and ask you fact finding questions, which of course will be in line with what you have answered earlier. Keep the worries away.

Try to answer everyting in a calm and polite manner. Don't get over excited or irritated.
It is all part of the game.

best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
akkoroth

·
Registered
3,212 Posts

Thanks alot!
Most with an immigrant visa are gong to pass through secondary with an immigrant visa without a blink.

The important thing is to make sure you don't have an onward flight booked within 2 or 3 hours of landing or you'll be worrying about that instead. The quickest you'll get through in is half an hour. But if the plane before you brought in a dozen folks with immigrant visas and a pile of ne'erdowells who they're thinking of returning, you could well be waiting longer.

From my distant memory, it was: finger in the ink and then in that box, sign here, stamp, stamp, stamp, and Welcome to America!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts