Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am Janine originally from the Philippines, but currently liiving and working in Dubai UAE for almost 2years. I have a french boyfriend and we are both 23. So unfortunately, we are in a Long-Distance Relationship which is we found a little difficult for us.
We decided to make a plan about our future and he mentioned to me about the PACS. I searched for it and I got some information, but still need to know more about it and especially the requirements on how to be able to get it.

and here are some of my queries:

1. Can we do PACS if I visit France for a short term?

2. If ever we could do that, am I able to stay there for long time/forever with him?

3. What are all the things we need to provide in this case.?

Please help me.
Thank you in advance for whoever will answer me. :):)

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am Janine originally from the Philippines, but currently liiving and working in Dubai UAE for almost 2years. I have a french boyfriend and we are both 23. So unfortunately, we are in a Long-Distance Relationship which is we found a little difficult for us.
We decided to make a plan about our future and he mentioned to me about the PACS. I searched for it and I got some information, but still need to know more about it and especially the requirements on how to be able to get it.

and here are some of my queries:

1. Can we do PACS if I visit France for a short term?

2. If ever we could do that, am I able to stay there for long time/forever with him?

3. What are all the things we need to provide in this case.?

Please help me.
Thank you in advance for whoever will answer me. :):)
Here's relevant information about PACS in France https://newyork.consulfrance.org/Civil-Union-PACS

In essence, the answers to your first two questions are No.
The documents you need to provide are listed in the link, however it seems that this is not a way forward for you. OTOH getting married most likely would be.

Cheers

·
Administrator
53,146 Posts
Just a small caveat here. If you were to get married while on a short-stay visa, you would still have to return to the country in which you have residence (Dubai, I guess) to apply for the spouse visa so that you could return to France on a long-stay basis.

Getting PACSd is a somewhat risky way to go in your case. It's not necessarily going to work out to get PACSd on a short-stay visa. IIRC, some prefectures require evidence that you have lived together for six months or so before they'll issue a PACS. Going through a notaire may work out - but there are a number of documents you'll have to submit and then again, being PACSd doesn't guarantee you a long-stay visa the way being married would do. (OK, there are no "guarantees" - but getting a spouse visa is pretty much the most "automatic" visa there is for France. As long as you don't pose a threat to the security of the Republic or refuse to learn French.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Just a small caveat here. If you were to get married while on a short-stay visa, you would still have to return to the country in which you have residence (Dubai, I guess) to apply for the spouse visa so that you could return to France on a long-stay basis.

Getting PACSd is a somewhat risky way to go in your case. It's not necessarily going to work out to get PACSd on a short-stay visa. IIRC, some prefectures require evidence that you have lived together for six months or so before they'll issue a PACS. Going through a notaire may work out - but there are a number of documents you'll have to submit and then again, being PACSd doesn't guarantee you a long-stay visa the way being married would do. (OK, there are no "guarantees" - but getting a spouse visa is pretty much the most "automatic" visa there is for France. As long as you don't pose a threat to the security of the Republic or refuse to learn French.)
Cheers,
Bev
I'm pretty sure the couple has to be living together (i.e. have a résidence commune either in France or overseas) in order to get Pacsed - strangely enough hidden under "Où faire la démarche" here https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F1618

·
Administrator
53,146 Posts
I'm pretty sure the couple has to be living together (i.e. have a résidence commune either in France or overseas) in order to get Pacsed - strangely enough hidden under "Où faire la démarche" here https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F1618
Thanks for finding that. I was pretty sure there was some co-habitation requirement, but couldn't recall the details. (Plus, these things have a tendency to change over time.)
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.