Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hai guys, I'm new to this forum and i'm from chennai i have applied for 457 visa through my local recruiter, next week i will be appearing for clearance interview..My doubt is Whether this interview will be conducted by Employer or Australian Embassy?

What kind of questions they will ask??

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Local recruiters don't usually get involved in visa applications, so I hope they know enough about the process to do this correctly. If you are using someone's services to assist with your visa application, you should make sure they are registered with OMARA as there are a LOT of dodgy consultants out there who don't know enough about the regulations and end up costing applicants a lot of money.

If you're applying for a 457 visa, then you should already have a job contract with an employer in Australia who has (or is about to) nominated you for the visa. I've never heard of anyone having an interview for a 457 visa, are you sure this interview is about the 457 visa? Or is this an additional job interview that may lead to a contract which would include sponsorship?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply Maggie..actually i have applied for employee sponsor visa and i had offer letter from the employer now my recruiter informed that i will be having Immigration Clearance interview on next week..Immigration Clearance interview will be conducted by Employer or Embassy?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I've never heard of anyone having an interview for a 457 visa, so I'd suggest you ask the recruiter if they are the ones organising the visa for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts