Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to move to Australia. As I am in a teaching profession, I need to write IELTS exam. can anyone suggest me, which module is needed for me? whether general or Academic.? somebody says, i ve to get band 8 in speaking and listening, whatever the module is. but in some places I ve noticed that they mentioned Academic particularly. Please clarify my doubt. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
I would like to move to Australia. As I am in a teaching profession, I need to write IELTS exam. can anyone suggest me, which module is needed for me? whether general or Academic.? somebody says, i ve to get band 8 in speaking and listening, whatever the module is. but in some places I ve noticed that they mentioned Academic particularly. Please clarify my doubt. Thanks in advance.
General IELTS will suffice for lodging immigration application, however in some instances the assessing authorities want Academic IELTS, in that case the applicant must sit for Academic version, however, that same AC IELTS can also be used for Immigration application as DIAC accepts both AC & GT version..

Check with your assessing authority if there's any such requirements..

For PR points purposes, whatever version you sit for, DIAC awards either 10 points for 7.0 in each module and 20 points for 8.0 in each module.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
General IELTS will suffice for lodging immigration application, however in some instances the assessing authorities want Academic IELTS, in that case the applicant must sit for Academic version, however, that same AC IELTS can also be used for Immigration application as DIAC accepts both AC & GT version..

For PR points purposes, whatever version you sit for, DIAC awards either 10 points for 7.0 in each module and 20 points for 8.0 in each module.
Thanks for your suggestion. And can you please tell me the secret of your high score ? you scored 8 in all the modules. Its simply great. Last month i did my exam. But scored very low. I thought i did it very well. I have done the speaking very well, up to my knowledge. Because, the questions are very familiar to me. I feel very comfortable in that section. And in the writing section, i feel the topics are very easy. I wrote the topics with lots of quotations too. My presentation is merely good to. But the band is only 6.5. I dont know, whats the mistake? Are those quotations? If you share the Technic, it will be very helpful to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ielts

Thanks for your suggestion. And can you please tell me the secret of your high score ? you scored 8 in all the modules. Its simply great. Last month i did my exam. But scored very low. I thought i did it very well. I have done the speaking very well, up to my knowledge. Because, the questions are very familiar to me. I feel very comfortable in that section. And in the writing section, i feel the topics are very easy. I wrote the topics with lots of quotations too. My presentation is merely good to. But the band is only 6.5. I dont know, whats the mistake? Are those quotations? If you share the Technic, it will be very helpful to me.
I guess the best way to score a good band in IELTS be it any version academic or general , is our ability to handle the pressure. In normal circumstances we could the best speakers or users of the English Language but when it comes to Taking an exam it is a completely different ball game .

I am not an expert but I remember giving my IELTS Academic module 10 years ago and very easily secured a band 7 . But now THIS Ielts means a lot to me I feel I have butterflies in my stomach. More than our ability i think its our confidence , self belief and a lot of practice to crack any exam .

I would say take the exam just like any other exam , stay relaxed calm, and forget about the Immigration or VISA FOR THE FEW HOURS YOU ARE TAKING THE EXAM>
hope this can be a lil helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess the best way to score a good band in IELTS be it any version academic or general , is our ability to handle the pressure. In normal circumstances we could the best speakers or users of the English Language but when it comes to Taking an exam it is a completely different ball game .

I am not an expert but I remember giving my IELTS Academic module 10 years ago and very easily secured a band 7 . But now THIS Ielts means a lot to me I feel I have butterflies in my stomach. More than our ability i think its our confidence , self belief and a lot of practice to crack any exam .

I would say take the exam just like any other exam , stay relaxed calm, and forget about the Immigration or VISA FOR THE FEW HOURS YOU ARE TAKING THE EXAM>
hope this can be a lil helpful.
wow...thank u very much for ur great words. Its true. when i sat in the test, my future came infront of my mind. so that i got tensed. this is the reason for my failure. this is actually not atall a failure. But, for me, the time is less. This s the proper time to roll my ball. cos, this is the vacation time in aussie. anyway, thanks a lot for ur valuable words ..
regards,
anu.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ielts

THIS IS THE LINK I LANDED ON
http://www.aitsl.edu.au/verve/_resources/AITSL_Assesssment_Application_Guide_-_January_2013.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts