Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help, we are planning our journey down to the Algarve, probabley from St Malo, heading towards Bayonne and across Spain to central PT and down, we are looking at travelling about 8 hours a day, we will be towing a caravan and have 2 dogs with us.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience of good campsites on this route, that are open all year round.
I would welcome any suggestions

·
Registered
710 Posts
You should have no problems finding campsites in Portugal, most towns will have a campsite as well as several doted around in the countryside.

some campsites are quite basic, and most are very cheap to stay. if you are travelling around in Portugal there is a good campsite guide book available from most campsites for around 5 euros, might be worth picking one up.

I do have a list of some campsites in our region of central Portugal, if your coming this way.:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can anyone help, we are planning our journey down to the Algarve, probabley from St Malo, heading towards Bayonne and across Spain to central PT and down, we are looking at travelling about 8 hours a day, we will be towing a caravan and have 2 dogs with us.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience of good campsites on this route, that are open all year round.
Campsite just round the corner from us in Serpins, Central Portugal.
It's got a very good bar just outside so if you come this way give us a shout and we can have a beer !!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should have no problems finding campsites in Portugal, most towns will have a campsite as well as several doted around in the countryside.

some campsites are quite basic, and most are very cheap to stay. if you are travelling around in Portugal there is a good campsite guide book available from most campsites for around 5 euros, might be worth picking one up.

I do have a list of some campsites in our region of central Portugal, if your coming this way.:)
thanx that is a good tip, we were thinking of coming your way, if you good give me your list
Debby

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Campsite just round the corner from us in Serpins, Central Portugal.
It's got a very good bar just outside so if you come this way give us a shout and we can have a beer !!
I might just take you up on that beer
Debby

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ther is a good campsite just north of Nazare on the main road towards Patais and Marinha Grande. There are some excellent beaches close by.

·
Registered
31 Posts
campsite

Hi there is a great campsite called campie meco in alfrim sessimbra a friend of mine stayed at its right on the beach patsy only 45 mins from lisbon great base and dog friendly patsy

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Debs, it`s me! Bob from Fyfield
Here`s one at Salamanca recommended from my days with the motorhome.
<Campsite>
Will try and find some more, as you know we are doing the same route from Calais in March but are staying in Formule1 hotels en route to Tomar.
Regards.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Debs, it`s me! Bob from Fyfield
Here`s one at Salamanca recommended from my days with the motorhome.
<Campsite>
Will try and find some more, as you know we are doing the same route from Calais in March but are staying in Formule1 hotels en route to Tomar.
Regards.
thanks Bob,
it is in favourates, now the snow is melting and we can travel, we must have that lunch
Debs

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ther is a good campsite just north of Nazare on the main road towards Patais and Marinha Grande. There are some excellent beaches close by.
thanks for that, do you know the name of this campsite, I am trying to google as much info as possible, to plan our trip.
Debs

·
Registered
28 Posts
Camping Asseiceira

Some ideas --

Near Marvao, and good for the Caceres road to Portugal -- Camping Asseiceira

South of Salamanca near Miranda del Castanar (a beautiful mountain village)- Camping El Burro Blanco

Both easily found on Google

·
Registered
75 Posts
don't know if you set off yet..but there is a camping/carvan site inTomar...right in the centre. All new, only opened last year, great facilities and really cheap...

·
Registered
468 Posts
hey guys can anyone plz tell me how long does it take to go from lisbon to tomar by tran
how far is it? and how much is the ticket?

thanks for ur time

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
don't know if you set off yet..but there is a camping/carvan site inTomar...right in the centre. All new, only opened last year, great facilities and really cheap...
Hi Bubbles,
do you know the name of it, as we are planning to stop over in Tomar

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Debs
As you know we are off on 10th March and have booked in <HERE> so pop in and have a beer or two!
Thanx Bob, I was looking for the web page the other night, but had no joy.
we are planning to spend a night or 2 with you on our way down , so make sure the beer is chilled and the wine is open and breathing nicely;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanx Bob, I was looking for the web page the other night, but had no joy.
we are planning to spend a night or 2 with you on our way down , so make sure the beer is chilled and the wine is open and breathing nicely;)
Will do...They have a very good bar.....and donkeys!!!! can`t wait.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts