Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello expats,

I'm new to this board, my husband and I lived in Spain (Puebla de don Fadrique, Andalucia do be precise), and moved back to the UK last November. We need to go over for a few days to sort some things out, and thought we might make a holiday of it, with our little boy who we did not have in Spain!

We had a look at hiring a campervan/motor home which was way too expensive.

Is there anyone out there with one of these (not bothered by condition as long as there is somewhere to sleep, toilets/kitchen not really an issue as we don't mind stopping at places) who would like to earn a couple of hundred quid by letting us use it for a few days?

As far as I know vehicles in spain can be driven by anyone once they are insured, as it is the vehicle that is insured and not the driver, so this shouldn't be a problem. I understand there would be some agreement needed regarding deposit, and renumeration should anything happen (of course we would be careful but you just never know).

We need to travel to the Murcia/Andalucia area, but may well be willing to fly into somewhere else, as we wanted to see some different places anyway.

Sorry if this is a daft thing to be asking, thought it was worth a try!

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Hello expats,

I'm new to this board, my husband and I lived in Spain (Puebla de don Fadrique, Andalucia do be precise), and moved back to the UK last November. We need to go over for a few days to sort some things out, and thought we might make a holiday of it, with our little boy who we did not have in Spain!

We had a look at hiring a campervan/motor home which was way too expensive.

Is there anyone out there with one of these (not bothered by condition as long as there is somewhere to sleep, toilets/kitchen not really an issue as we don't mind stopping at places) who would like to earn a couple of hundred quid by letting us use it for a few days?

As far as I know vehicles in spain can be driven by anyone once they are insured, as it is the vehicle that is insured and not the driver, so this shouldn't be a problem. I understand there would be some agreement needed regarding deposit, and renumeration should anything happen (of course we would be careful but you just never know).

We need to travel to the Murcia/Andalucia area, but may well be willing to fly into somewhere else, as we wanted to see some different places anyway.

Sorry if this is a daft thing to be asking, thought it was worth a try!
Dont take this the wrong way, please ......... but as an ex motorhome owener I dont think you'll find anyone who is going to put themselves at risk in this way in renting a motorhome to someone they dont know. I may be wrong, but last time I checked my car could be driven by anyone within my family under my insurance. If anyone else drives it then it is on their insurance and only third party .... i.e. not fully comp should the worst happen. You'd also be putting around 2500 miles on the motorhome mileage

Good luck though, maybe someone will help

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are many companies which provide rental motor-homes. It is little bit expensive but good to use. I always use a rental caravan instead of purchasing my own caravan.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Try wicked campers. They often have deals on offering 7 days hire for a pound if they have vans to be taken back to original depots ie Malaga to London, London to Barcelona.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts