Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading the Toronto sar a few mins ago, about this.which is good fro britain and its people

1) what about people like me that want to enter legally
2) I would i be scrutinzed by this seeing that i want to get married there comeback and apply for a spousal Visa LEGALLY

Will my application be scrutinzed by all this , I have been there to see my fiance and the money bag is starting to fill up..dude is burning the candle at both ends take his money dont let in..

So everyone if you are leagl..the slighest wording could get you banned or not into britain

i hope not,, i ahve doen everything under the rules and regulations..

·
Super Moderator
5,179 Posts
There's no problem if you get the appropriate visa before you arrive and then leave when you say you are leaving - the Home Office is totally cool with your coming over on a Marriage Visitor visa, tying the knot and then heading home to apply for a Spouse a Visa.

The government is just trying to crack down on people who have no right to be in the UK without a visa and also those who are a drain on the British social safety net - i.e. people who arrive, claim to be tourists, are allowed in and then never leave;migrants from the EU who show up and go on benefits (pogey/the dole/welfare) as soon as they arrive and don't bother looking for work; and the non-EEA migrants who try to sneak in without being caught (not unlike the problems Canada faced a few years back with all of the Fujian Chinese who arrived by boat off the coast of BC and were detained by customs, only to break out of detention).

You shouldn't really worry about being refused entry to get married over here, provided you have your Marriage Visitor visa and you leave the UK before it expires... in order to get the visa, you have to prove that you have strong ties to Canada (job, home, financial obligations etc)... the application will be scrutinised (as is expected) but it will be to a different standard to someone who just shows up and is subsequently considered to be an overstay risk.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
5,179 Posts
Just wanted to add that your immigration history with the UKBA is also taken into account (as is your immigration history outside of the UK... I'm assuming that you've not had any issues in leaving when you said that you would), so a good history is a point in your favour.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks WCCC, yes excatly what i am doing been there 2 times already ..would nothing better to tie the knot and then comebackbefore my 6mth visa is up

Went in November 2014 left when i had to
Went in Feb and left when i had to
No criminal record in the UK or Canada
Nothing..

Also can i start to get my forms ready for the Spousal application and gather documents for my sponsor so she can get going on it.. just a quick ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
thank ejw07 for pointing this out.

A quick question, what happens if you apply for a marriage visa while you are employed but have given notice to resign just before you leave for the UK ( in August) ? I plan on staying for 4 months but I'm also booking a return ticket. Will this be enough proof that I'm coming back.

No job will willing give you 4months leave. When i come back to apply for my spouse visa I will have enough money saved up for being unemployed before i move over.

Will a booked and paid for return ticket be enough to prove that I am returning to South Africa?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marriag visitor Visa

Poco, Thats what idid cameback in Jan 2015, left to go back in FEb 09-2015 and came back April 12-2015
I got a letter from this recruiter who i have done alot of IT work for with different companies stating in the letter he wants me back fro some work which is coming up in December thought the new year, So he wrote a letter with company logo and number and i have forwarded it with my application.
I also have to comeback and sort my living divorced and moving out of the house.. so yes... thast even better. now that my divorce is done and over and dusted..
Good luck Poco,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you ewj07.

hmmm, thats a plan, I could ask someone I've worked for in the past who I'm friends with just to write a letter. Cause like you I need to come back in January as well. I won't have a job but I do need to round up a few things. And I will only really know what I need and what I don't after I visit. And I have a house to pack up on this side. ..
WOW I didnt think I would be moving across the world for love lol.

Thank you ejw07. I wish you all the best as well !! and I really hope you aren't affected by the new rules. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
There's a difference between being scrutinised and being penalised. Yes, all marriages to foreign nationals are going to be scrutinised, but a legitimate marriage and a settlement visa application which falls within the parameters for immigration will hold up to that scrutiny. If you are thorough, well-documented, and immigrating legitimately, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Marrying on a marriage visitor visa, returning to your home country, then applying for a spouse visa is a perfectly legitimate means of immigration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.