Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use one when traveling, it works well. Sometimes it is as clear as a regular telephone line and other times it can be like a cell phone in a bad area. It seems to depend on things like the computer, the phone and the internet connection. The sound quality on Vonage is much better and you don't need to have your computer running to use it but it costs around $300/year versus $20 for the MagicJack. The MagicJack is well worth the price.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I use Yahoo Phone. If your number is in the US it's a penny a minute. Calling Mexico and other countries is 2 cents. 800#'s are a free. You just deposit $10 via credit card and it sits there 'till you use it. Just need a good headset. Google and MSN may have similar services

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use MagicJack regularly when working in DF. The service is generally reliable, but does assume that you have a reliable Internet connection. Ocassionally I will have dropped calls and other problems using TelMex/Infinitum in Mexico City. but these seem to be related to problems with the Internet service in DF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.