Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is probably buried somewhere on the forum but I haven't been able to find it...

How will the Spanish authorities calculate the value of my car for the purposes of the 10% import tax?

I had a look on HMR&C website to see how they work it out, presuming that it would be somewhat similiar, and it's like this...

How do I calculate the value of my goods at import?

The value is calculated on CIF and is arrived at by applying one of six valuation methods.
And then doesn't go into detail as to any of the methods :rofl:

Of course that wouldn't have given me an answer anyway, just an idea of how european governments might generally do that kind of thing...

My car is a 2002 ford fiesta - on autotrader these go for around £1000. To be honest I'm suprised at how high that figure is...

Cheers!

Rich

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi,

This is probably buried somewhere on the forum but I haven't been able to find it...

How will the Spanish authorities calculate the value of my car for the purposes of the 10% import tax?

I had a look on HMR&C website to see how they work it out, presuming that it would be somewhat similiar, and it's like this...

And then doesn't go into detail as to any of the methods :rofl:

Of course that wouldn't have given me an answer anyway, just an idea of how european governments might generally do that kind of thing...

My car is a 2002 ford fiesta - on autotrader these go for around £1000. To be honest I'm suprised at how high that figure is...

Cheers!

Rich
If you re-reg, as soon as you are here & it still has tax & mot it should be classed as personal chattels & not subject to any tax. Just the costs involved in re-reg. If you do have to pay tax it will be on its Spanish value which is a gov. figure that is available for every model but for that year the value will be around 3-4000 euros.Their is no allowance for the fact that it is rhd & worthless here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you re-reg, as soon as you are here & it still has tax & mot it should be classed as personal chattels & not subject to any tax. Just the costs involved in re-reg. If you do have to pay tax it will be on its Spanish value which is a gov. figure that is available for every model but for that year the value will be around 3-4000 euros.Their is no allowance for the fact that it is rhd & worthless here.
Thanks Gus.

Are you sure about the personal chattels exemption? Even if I apply for residency?

Are you suggesting that I will only have to pay the import tax if I delay in registering my car with Spanish tax?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.