Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyione, I applied for the Certificate of Conformity from Mazda France just over two weeks ago. Can anyone tell me how long they may take to get back to me? Thank you:)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
If you look at the posts by lindad you will see that you do not need a Coc if you have a V5C with a long number in Section K and in any event a Coc should originate in the country where it was first registered especially if it is from the uk due to speedo and headlight differences.I refer you to sevice-public.fr under the heading immatriculer une vehicule

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately my V5 doesn't have the long number. I Phoned Mazda UK before leaving UK and they wouldn't issue COC. They sent a letter confirming this along with a contact name and address for Mazda Fr. My MX5 is 1991 model and apparently they don't show number in Section K due to its age.

·
Registered
Lived in US, France, Canada, & UK
1,322 Posts
Unfortunately my V5 doesn't have the long number. I Phoned Mazda UK before leaving UK and they wouldn't issue COC. They sent a letter confirming this along with a contact name and address for Mazda Fr. My MX5 is 1991 model and apparently they don't show number in Section K due to its age.
Marie-Ann

Call Mazda France and request the phone number for their Homologation Department. The main number is likely on the French Mazda website.

Once you reach the Homologation Dept / Bureau / Office, all you have to do is provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). They will tell you on the phone after a brief search if your car is eligible for a Certificate.

If not, you might be best selling it in the UK as the cost of the repairs required can be substantial (especially on a 14 year old car).

Best of luck.

Ray

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pleased to say I received the Cerificate of Conformity for my 1991 Mazda MX5 today. Only 150euros lighter. ��

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations!

What did you do to get it (beside the 150€)?

Ray
Hi Ray,
I posted V5 ( due to it's age mine didn't have long number in section K), UK Invoice showing lights have been changed, French Utility Bill, picture of both Vin Number Plates in bonnet and a chq for 150euros. It took three weeks to come.😺

1 - 7 of 7 Posts